Chapter 14

Jemma's Pov:

We walked in and Skip led me to a very pretty middle aged woman sitting in the waiting area. She turned toward us and a smile lit up her face.

Skip swooped her up into a bear hug and jiggled her around.

"What's poppin mama bear? Sorry I missed ya at the house the other day. Trust me, I had no idea you were planning on visiting me. See if you would have called me I would have been home instead of spending quality time with Mike and Muffin Butt!" He rushed out making her laugh and me blush at the use of his ridiculous nickname for me in front of her.

"Boy, I was born at night but not last night! I knew for a fact that your daddy would call you and you would run and hide at Mikey's!! That just makes it easier for me to see ya both at the same time! And why in the blazes do you call dear Jemma Muffin Butt? If I was her I'd box your ears because that could be offensive to a woman! Are you trying to imply her butt is huge? Because it looks just fine to me!"

"Damn, I must be getting rusty if you can predict my behavior so well. Guess I'm gonna have to change it up a bit. If you knew I was at Mike's why'd ya wait so long to pounce on us? Jemma wouldn't box my ears, she loves my goofy ass! Besides I don't mean it in a negative way. It's just that the second time I met her, we were all at the beach and Mike kept sneaking peaks at her butt in her bikini! He looked like he wanted to take a bite out of it. Hence the nickname Muffin Butt! Plus it irritates the crap outta Mike." He said laughing.

I scowled at him but he ignored it and pulled me to him to ruffle my hair. I rolled my eyes and silently laughed at the way mother and son interacted.

 It was silly and sweet and absolutely amazing to see a functional family's dynamic instead of my dysfunctional one.

Jessica laughed "Well I would have been here the day you got here but Mikey called and told me to wait because he was afraid the combination of me and you together would frighten his Jemma."

She looked at me and smiled brightly again. "Sorry Hun, I've been rude haven't I? Let me introduce myself. I'm Jessica, Skip and Mike's mom. I'm so happy to finally meet you!"

I smiled at her. She seems great, I don't see what the boys were so worried about. "It's nice meeting you Jessica. You've raised two very wonderful guys and I feel really fortunate to have them in my life."

She looked at Skip "Alright off you go! This is a girl bonding thing and unless you had a sex change since the last time I saw you, you're missing a few vital parts to qualify. Don't worry Jemma is in good hands. Tell Mikey and your dad we'll be by later and I expect you boys to have actually cooked dinner and not just sit around gabbing like a bunch of old hens. Give Mikey and your dad a kiss from me." She said.

I laughed at Skips disgruntled face.

"Mom we're men. We do not gab like old hens! And I'm so not kissing dad or Mike. I'd need years of therapy if I did."

She rolled her eyes at him and he winked back.

"I'll leave you two beauties to enjoy your girlie crap. Love y'all and peace out!"

He shot us the peace sign and left without a second thought. I shook my head. Those two really are very much alike.

"Alright sweetie, lets get some pampering done!"

She grabbed my hand and lead me to the counter. "We'd like to get the deluxe package each." She tells the receptionist.

We were led back to begin our manicures.

"So Jemma I've heard quite a bit about you from Mikey and Skip. They both love you to bits!"

I started laughing "They're great guys and I'm really fortunate to have found them. I love Michael very much and Skip is like an older brother to me."