Seven

Veronica's POV

Archie's been acting strange for the last couple of days. He stutters and gets all jittery around me. I've noticed. But he acts like everything's normal. Like I don't know somethings wrong. I feel like saying something to him, but just don't know how. How would I ask what's going on, or whats wrong with him? To be honest, he'd probably just tell me I'm just imagining things. I guess I can talk to Cheryl and Toni first. I found them in the halls talking to another group of girls.

"Hey, Cher, Toni. Can I talk to you guys for a second?" I asked. They both looked at me and nodded. We all three walked into an empty classroom.

"What is it, Veronica?" Toni asked. I sighed and looked between the both of them.

"It's Archie." I said. They both looked too interested. Or maybe not interested enough. I can't tell which one it is.

"What's going on with him?" Cheryl asked.

"He's acting all weird and he's been different for the last few days. When he's around me he can't speak straight and normal sentences. Like, like he's hiding something. I don't know. That's why I came to you two." I said. They looked at each other and smiled then looked back at me.

"How about Betty?" Cheryl asked.

"Betty? Yeah, what about her?" I asked.

"Has she been acting strange and different, too? Or is it just Archie?" Toni asked.

"I'm... I'm not sure. I haven't really payed attention to Betty. Why?" I asked. Cheryl looked down and sighed. "Cheryl?" She looked up at me.

"Veronica, we've said this before. Maybe Archie and Betty are--" I cut her off.

"No! No, I'm not gonna listen, and believe that! Because it's not true." I said.

"Veronica, think about it." Toni said. "Who does Archie always text to walk to school with you two?"

"I'll answer for you. Betty!" Cheryl said. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Who is he always hanging out with when he's not with you. Hint: he's always with her and she likes next door to him?" Toni asked.

"Oh, I know this one to! Betty!" Cheryl said. They looked at each other then me. I looked down.

"I have... no idea what you guys are talking about. Archie and Betty would never do that to me. This is my bestfriend and my boyfriend we're talking about here." I said.

"Who says they wouldn't? Even if they were your boyfriend and bestfriend. Doesn't mean they wouldn't do it." Toni said.

"Okay, I'm done with this conversation. I don't want to hear another word about this out of either of your guys' mouth." I said and  left. I walked down to Mr. Jones' classroom. I shut the door rather quickly. He jumped and looked at me.

"Woah! What's wrong?" He asked. I guess he noticed me being mad and upset because of Cheryl and Toni.

"It's just my friends. They're being really fucking annoying." I looked at him. "Sorry." I said. He shook his head.

"No, no, you're fine. I understand the friend thing. But classes are starting five minutes. I suggest you better go." He said with a little softness in his voice. I nodded sighed.

"Yeah, I guess." I said and walked to the door. I looked back at him. He was back at his desk and looking on his phone. I bit my lip a little and left the room. On my way to my first period, I ran into Toni.

"Hey, Veronica!" She said and started walking next to me. I smiled at her a little.

"Hey, Toni." I said.

"Okay, I'm sorry about earlier." She said. I looked at her. "A little." I rolled my eyes and continued to walk to class. "Hey, wait!"

"No!" I said and walked into my class.

It was a long, boring day. Except for in my English class.

After school, I met Kevin at Pop's. We talked about school and everything thing else in our lives. Which wasn't really much. So really the whole conversation was about school. Meaning the new teacher came up a few times. And I blushed just even thinking and talking about him. Yeah, I don't think what I want, which is this to be a short time crush, is going to be a short time thing. And to be honest I don't really want it to be. I don't really care at this point. After about an hour or so of talking, my phone buzzed. I looked at it and it was Archie. I smiled a little. Kevin continued rambling on as I didnt pay attention at all.

Archikins

A: Hey, where are you?

V: I'm at Pop's. With Kevin. Why?

A: I'm at yours right now. You weren't here and I was a little worried.

V: Oh well, are you gonna leave? Or you can just wait there for me. I was just about to tell Kevin I needed to leave to do homework anyways.

A: Oh. If you're doing homework then I'll just go to Betty or something.

Again with Betty!? What the hell?

V: I was kidding. I wasn't really going to do homework.

A: Oh

V: Nevermind. I'm leaving now.

A: No, it's fine I'll just go hangout with Betty. You can stay with Kevin. Ans tell him I said hi.

V:Okay, I guess...

"Veronica? Are you even listening to me?" I heard Kevin asked. I looked up at him.

"Uhh, yeah, I was." I said. He looked at me with disbelief.

"No, you weren't." He said. I sighed.

"Okay, I was texting Archie. He texted me asking where I was. I told him I was with you." I said.

"Oh, if you want to go hang out with him it's fine. Besides, I want to go hangout with Betty." He said.

"Archie's with her." I told him.

"I guess I'll be hanging out with the both of them, then." He said and got up. "See ya later, Veronica. He said and left. I sighed.

"See ya." I muttered under my breath. I then got up and left.

I was alone in this quiet and empty place. There's nothing I can really do. I have no one to talk to. I would call Cheryl and Toni, but I don't want to bother them. Kevin and Archie are with Betty. And I'm here all by myself with nothing to do. Nothing to fill or pass the time. It's already late enough. It's eight-thirty. Maybe I should just go to sleep. But I can't. Everything Cheryl and Toni said. It was all in my mind. I don't believe them, but after today I feel like I do. But I don't. Plus, neither Archie or Betty would do that to me. Especially Betty. She's my bestfriend and Archie's my boyfriend. They wouldn't do that to me... would they?