Fourteen

Veronica's POV

I woke up to the light sound of my phone buzzing. I sighed reached over to it. It was a text from an unknown number. At first I was confused.

Unknown

?: Morning, Beautiful.

I smiled to myself.

V: Morning, handsome.

I put my phone down and looked at Cheryl and Toni who were still sleeping. I got up and got something to eat. When I got back to my room the two girls seemed to still be sleeping.

"You two are still sleeping?" I mumbled to myself.

"Not asleep! She's asleep, and she's practically laying on top of me so I can't move." Toni said. I looked at her and laughed.

"That's horrible." I said sarcastically. She rolled her eyes.

"Shut up! Okay, I'm getting out of the trap." She said and started to slowly move Cheryl off of her while whispering "don't wake up" over and over and over again. When she finally got Cheryl off of her she looked at me. "Oh, yeah. Who texted you earlier?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"The person who texted you to get you to smile this morning." She said. I looked down.

"You saw that?" I asked. She nodded.

"Mhmm, who was is?" She asked. I shook my head and shrugged.

"Nobody." I said.

"Oh! So nobody texted you, 'Morning, Beautiful'?" She asked with a smile.

"What?! Are going through my phone and my texts?" I asked.

"Mmm, maybe a little." I rolled my eyes and smiled a little. "Who was it?! You can tell me. I'm your bestfriend."

"Am I being replaced here?" We heard Cheryl's tired voice say. We looked at her.

"Yes." Toni said.

"Toni, shut the hell up!" I said. She just laughed.

"Love you, babe." She said to Cheryl.

"You know, screw you two. I'm going back to sleep." Cheryl mumbled and layed back down. Toni looked back at me.

"Grumpy." She said and we laughed. "So, back to the mystery guy." I rolled my eyes.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yes, who is it? Just tell me." She said.

"No, I think I'm good with not telling you." I told her.

"You little bitch." She said.

"Thank you!" I said and started getting around for the day. When I was done I texted Jughead again.

Jughead

V: My friends are already suspicious.

J: Suspicious how?

V: One saw me texting you. I hadn't put your name on yet

J: Then we're fine.

I laughed and put my phone down. "Who are you texting?" I looked up and saw Cheryl.

"Its a secret lover." Toni said. I rolled my eyes.

"It is not!" I said.

"Morning, Beautiful." Toni said.

"What?" Cheryl asked. Toni laughed and smiled at me.

"Its what this mysterious dude is texting her. I looked at her phone this morning." She said.

"Well, what did you say back, Veronica?" Cheryl asked. I shook my head.

"Morning." I said with a smile.

"Morning...? What? There was more than that." Toni said. I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, Toni!" I said. She laughed.

"She said, morning, handsome." She said and I sighed.

"I need to know who this is now!" Cheryl said and tried to take my phone, but I didn't let her.

"No, you don't. It's going to be my secret and my life. I'll tell you when I want to te you." I said.

"Oh, yeah? And when will that be?" Toni asked, annoyed. I shrugged.

"I don't know. It might be never." I said. They both rolled their eyes.

"I hate you!" Cheryl said.

"Me too." Toni agreed.

"Good. Then I wont ever need to tell either of you." I said.

"You like to find excuses for everything." Toni said. I smiled at her.

"No, everything. Just this. You guys aren't going to know who it is, okay? Okay." I said.

"Also, you moved on from Archie fast." Cheryl said. I sighed and smiled again.

"Archie's a jackass. I don't need him in my life. And he was wasy to move on from. Especially since he cheated on me. Anyways, I'm done talking about this if you two don't mind. Well, I'm gonna go to Pops. Just to clear my head and to get away from you two for a bit. If you decide to leave or if you decide to stay, whatever. Goodbye." I said and left my room, but immediately walked back and grabbed my phone. "You two are not trustable." I said then actually left.

I stayed at Pops for a little while. I started thinking about how I almost got Jughead and I caught. How could I be this stupid? I knew this wasn't gonna be a good idea. I don't care though. I wish I could text him now to meet me here, but I can't. I then got a text from Cheryl.

Cheryl

C: We left.

V: Okay

I put my phone down and sighed. This is really messed up.