Sixty-two

Jughead's POV

There's something going on with Veronica. I don't know what it is. I don't know if it's from the stress of school or something, but she's constantly trying to get us in bed. She's even trying to do it in school. I don't know why or if it should, but it worries me. I'll talk to her after school I guess.

She came in for lunch again today. She sat at her seat and pulled out a book. I sighed and got up, walking over to her. She looked up at me, smiled and stood up, wrapping her arms around my neck.

"Hey, Juggie, sorry if I'm bothering you I was just wanting some quiet and I thought you wouldn't mind." She said. She slowly started leaning in to kiss me. I let her until she deepened the kiss. I know where she's trying to take this. I pulled away.

"Veronica, I need to talk to you about something." I said. She slowly backed away.

"What is it?" She asked, sounding annoyed. I sighed.

"Veronica, I know something is going on. What is it?" I asked her. She put on a fake smile.

"What? Nothing's wrong, Jug, I don't know what you're talking about. What makes you think that?" She asked.

"Probably you trying to constantly trying to have sex everywhere." I told her. She laughed a little.

"Come on! Don't tell me you don't like it." She said, getting really close to me.

"It seems obsessive. It feels like you're trying to take your frustration and stress out. Are you stressed?" I asked her. She rolled her eyes and took a few steps away.

"Of course I am, Jug!" She snapped. "I'm always stressed and overwhelmed. And my personal life isn't making it any better. I'm trying to get my life back together in one perfect piece, but each time it's almost fixed something comes along and destroys it."

"Veronica, what is it?" I asked her calmly.

"Its my friends," she said. "They're trying to get me to pick who I want to be friends with. Betty and Archie or Cheryl, Toni and Kevin. I just want us to be a big group again like we used to be. I don't care that Archie cheated on me with my Betty. Not anymore. Cheryl and the other two don't want to be friends with them because they hurt me. But it was me they hurt and I forgave them. Why are they making me pick?" I quickly just hugged her. I held her in my arms till the bell rang.

As next class started, I realized that Toni was in the this class. As they were all leaving, I stopped her and told her to come to my classroom after school with Cheryl and Kevin. And I did the same when her ex boyfriend was in my class. And told him to bring Betty.

Veroni a came in after school. I had to tell her I would meet her back at the trailer. The first ones here was Cheryl, Toni and Kevin. About five minutes later Betty and Archie came in. The three looked at the two, and the two looked at the three.

"What are they doing here?" Betty asked. I quickly walked over and shut the door before they could leave.

"I don't want to be in here with them!" Cheryl said. I sighed.

"Sit down. All of you," they did.

"What is this about?" Toni asked. "I don't want to be stuck here with these two for long." She said.

"Why can't you guys be friends. For Veronica's sake?" I asked them.

"Because they cheated on her. Her boyfriend and bestfriend were sleeping together. How could she just forgive them?" Cheryl asked.

"Why are you so upset about it? You weren't the ones getting hurt. That was her and she wasn't upset very long." I told them. "You all know what she's gone through with her parents, being in and out of the hospital, depression and other things. Why put this pressure on her after she just got done with something else? Toni remember your own words."

"Question," Archie said. I looked at him. "Why do you care so much?" Oh, fuck!

"Because I am one of the many teachers Veronica trusts and she comes to me when she's upset and I thought I could help her a little bit." I told him. Him and Betty exchanged confused looks, but I ignored them. "She's been really stressed and I can tell she's getting ready to give up on both friendships. So, set your differences aside and be friends again. If not for yourelselves. Do it for Veronica." They all looked at each other.

"I guess we could try," Kevin said. The two girls nodded.

"Yeah, I guess." Betty said. I smiled a little.

"May we leave now?" Cheryl asked. I nodded.

"Go ahead." They all left, together. They were having a small conversation and I heard them say something about going to Pops.

When I got back to the trailer, Veronica looked like she was getting ready to leave. She looked at me and smiled. I smiled back a little.

"Why are you do happy?" I asked her.

"Kevin just texted me telling me to come to Pops with him, Cheryl, Toni, Betty and Archie. I think we're becoming our group again. I hope," she said. I chuckled.

"That's great," I said.

"I'm gonna go," she kissed my cheek. She opened the door and looked back at me. "Thank you, Jughead." And she left. She's finally happy again. I just hope this lasts.