Fourty-eight

Veronica's POV

Just like Cheryl said, I was back in the hospital within the next few hours. Its surprising that we found our perfect dresses in time. I knew Jughead wasn't going to be here, but its whatever. I just layed in bed and stared at the ceiling. And this isn't my first time here. I've been here about twice before. Only one of those times were the same as this time. Partly. It's all confusing. My life is confusing and is a complete mess. Starting with my parents and ending with my current boyfriend.

I woke up the next morning and saw Jughead. He was standing at the door just looking at me. I smiled and sat up a little. He smiled and walked over to me.

"Are you stalking me now?" I asked him. He chuckled.

"You wouldn't be mad." He said knowingly. We both laughed at that.

"What are you doing here this early?" I asked him. He sighed and grabbed my work.

"I'm here for this." He said. I nodded and just kept smiling. I'm not able to help it when he's around. I get butterflies just being in the same room as him. It honestly feels like I'm gonna get sick.

"Oh, yeah, take it. I don't want it anymore." I told him. He chuckled and leaned over to kiss me. I kissed him back until he pulled away.

"I love you," he said.

"I love you too," I said.

"I have to go. School starts soon." I nodded and he left. I miss him already.

The day went by slow. Jughead's gonna be back after school, but that's too long away. I want him here with me now. I still wonder a little why he is the one bringing me my work. I figured it'd be Cheryl or Toni or maybe Kevin. I'm not complaining, but only why?

It was about five when Jughead walked in agaisn with more work. I sighed and wlaked over to him, taking it from him. I just three it on the hospital bed. He chuckled, shutting the door.

"Are you not happy about the work?" He asked with a smile on his face. I sighed and looked at him, again.

"No, I don't know any of it because I'm not in school. But, Toni texted me earlier saying she'd came back and help me out a little." I told him. He nodded walking over to me. I wrapped my arms around his neck and just smiled.

"I love you so damn much. I'm never gonna be able to stop." He mumbled in an almost whisper. I couldn't help but smile and leaned my head into his chest.

"I love you too, Jug. And you say that like I'm leaving. I'm not going anywhere, I promise." I told him. He wrapped his arms around me and we just stood there.

"Awe, this is adorable!" I backed away from him and we both looked at the door. It was Toni. I rolled my eyes.

"Shut up, Toni!" I said. She smiled then shook her head.

"No, I'm here to help you with your work. You," she pointed to Jughead. "Need to leave. I don't want you distracting her."

"I wouldn't distract her." He said. I smiled a little.

"I don't care. Leave!" Toni said. He nodded, kissed me and left. I looked at Toni.

"That wasn't necessary." I told her.

"Yes, it was. Now, let's go this shit done before Cheryl comes looking me." She said.

"Wait, she doesn't know where you are?" I asked her.

"Of course not! She's just as a distraction to me as Mr. Jones is to you." She said. I smiled and rolled my eyes. I still wonder about these two sometimes.