Twelve

Veronica's POV

It's hard not going to his classroom in the morning. I haven't gone all week and I don't even know why. I'm scared I guess. I just don't know how to feel about everything. Everything specifically meaning the kiss. I know how I feel. I feel happy about it. Its really how he feels about it. That's what I'm scared of. I'm not making any sense right now. I don't know how to feel right now.

But if anyone's wondering about Archie and Betty. I've cut them off. I'm not friends Betty or Archie. I don't talk to them. I've blocked both of them on my phone. Thry don't even try to talk to me anyways. Which is perfect for me. I just hate seeing them together. I mean, I thought Archie loved me. Clearly I was wrong. Betty's obviously better.

Anyways, I'm in my third period and I looked up at him. He noticed me looking at him and I looked away. I glaced up and he was writing on a paper. He got up and walked over to me. I looked down. He hesitated then slipped a paper inside one of my books and walked off. I sighed and looked around to see if anyone saw. I looked over at Kevin. He hadn't seen anything apparently. I opened my book and grabbed the paper. I unfolded it.

'Stay after class, please...'

That's all it said. I sighed and folded it back up again. I looked at Keving who was now looking at me.

"What?" I whispered.

"Who gave you the note? And what does it say?" He whispered back.

"Nothing. Nobody." I said and he just nodded.

Once class was over, everyone started packing there things to get to their next class. I was going slow though. Kevin started walking off.

"Hey, you coming?" He asked. I looked ar him and nodded.

"Yeah, I'll be there in a minute." I said. He nodded and walked off. Once everybody was gone I sighed and looked at Jughead. He shut the door and looekd at me.

"What'd you need to talk about?" I asked. He stood a few feet away.

"You haven't been coming to my class in the mornings anymore. It's been three days. I miss seeing you." He said. I sighed and looked down. "Look if this is about the kiss, I'm sorry." I looked up at him.

"What?" I asked.

"The kiss we shared on Tuesday. I'm sorry if that wasn't what you wanted. I mean, you probably had the right idea. I mean, that shouldn't have happened in the first place. You're a student and I'm a teacher. I just needed to say... sorry, I guess. Mistakes happen. And we learn some them." He said. I smiled and laughed a little.

"Mistake? No, if anything I thought you might think it was a mistake. Because it was wrong. Because, like you said, I'm a student you're a teacher. But, to be honest with you. I don't care. I know you probably don't feel the same for me, and that's fine, but--" I was cut off by him kissing me again. I kissed him back. He slowly pulled away.

"I do. I most definitely do." He said. I smiled a little. Then the bell rang. I still had the paper he gave me, in my hands.

"Passing notes was a really romantic way of telling me that." I said and he chuckled. I included the paper and grabbed a pen and wrote something down then handed it to him. "There." I said and started walked to the door.

"A phone number? What does this mean?" He asked. I looked back at him and smirked a little.

"Call me later. We'll talk about it." I said and left. I heard him chuckle as I left and I went to my next class.

At least I have no friends in this class. Just peopel I see in the halls.

When lunch started, Cheryl, Toni, Kevin and I all sat somewhere else again. I stopped sitting with everybody because I didn't want to Archie and Betty being all lovey dovey with each other in front of me. But I still ended up looking over at them.

"Veronica?" I heard Toni say. I looked at her. "Are you okay?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm...  I'm fine." I said with a small sigh.

"Are you sure?" Cheryl asked. I nodded again.

"Yes, I am." I said. I looked back over at the two kissing, disgusting, lovebirds. I rolled my eyes looked away. "That's disgusting." The other three laughed. "What? What?!"

"You just seem mad and jealous." Toni said. I sighed.

"Mad, yes! Jealous, no! Besides, I don't need Archie anymore." I said.

"What do you mean by that?" Kevin asked.

"Just that he's an ass. I should've never dated him in the first place." I told them.

"Well, you loved him, Veronica." Toni said softly.

"And I thought he loved me, but I guess not." I said.

"Okay, sorry." She said.

"I just want the day to be over with." I said.

"Yeah, me too." Kevin agreed. "Its been long enough." I smiled when I remembered that I gave Jughead my number.

"Okay, what are you smiling about?" Cheryl asked. I looked at her.

"Do you always have to be in my business? Can't I just be smiling?" I asked.

"Well, I would like to know why my friend is smiling like she would when she would think of a guy she likes." She said. I rolled my eyes and continued smiling.

"I'm not thinking about anybody." I said.

"Mmhmm. Okay." Then the bell rang and we went on to class.