Fourty-four

Veronica's POV

I woke up in pain. I have bruises all of my body. I guess this is what I deserve for sneaking out late at night. I started getting around for school when my mom walked in my room. I looked at her.

"What are you doing?" She asked.

"Uhh, I'm getting around for school, why?" I aske her. She shook her head.

"No, you're not going to school today." She said.

"Why not?" I asked her.

"Because of the little stunt you pulled last night." I sighed. She looked me up and down. "You need to watch what your eating. You're getting fat." She said and left. I sighed and slowly went to look at myself in the mirror. I looked at my body up and down. She's right. I am fat. Why would anybody ever want me? Archie didn't. He was all over Betty. All my friends are lying to me. And Jughead. Why does he want to be with me? He deserves someone who isn't so messed up and doesn't have a messed up family and who is actually pretty, and smart, and skinny. Why would he want me?

Jughead's POV

I sighed as class started again. I'm getting sick n tired of school right now. Especially because all I can think about is Veronica. At least its third period. I looked up to see ber, but she wasn't there. I looked over at Kevin who shrugged. I sighed and pulled out my phone to text her. Then, I saw all the other texts I had sent her as well.

❤Ronnie❤

J: Talke to me please

J: Baby I wanna know what's going on

J: I wanna talk

J: I love you

I sighed and just out my phone down. Why would she text me back now? I know it's her parents, but I can't help but wonder if I have a part in this for something. If I did anything wrong.

As the class ended and all the students walked out of my room, I just sat there and thought to myself. About everything that Veronica is going through right now. Living with her abusive parents once again. Probably wondering if anybody cares about her at all. Wanting help, but isn't asking for it. I just want to know what is going through her mind. Just so I know how to help her when her friends decide to help her.

It was almost dark when I left my trailer to go to Pops. Not only your get out, but you stop grading papers. I walked in and sat at a booth, waiting for a minute. A lady walked upto me that I didn't recognize. She asked me a question but I didn't say anything. But, I quickly snapped out of it.

"Excuse me? Are you okay?" She asked.

"What? Yeah, I just-- I don't recognize you. Did you just start working here?" I asked her. She nodded.

"Yeah, I started a couple days ago." Shebtold me.

"That's probably why I don't recognize you. I've also been busy with school." Shebgave me a weird look. "I'm a teacher at Riverdale high," she nodded.

"Oh, my daughter goes there. She's a senior. Do you know her? Veronica Lodge?" She asked. I nodded and smiled on the outside, the moment she said Veronica's name I got really pissed off.

"Yeah, I do. She's in one of my classes. She's a good student. Good grades and everything." I told her mom. The conversation ended there and I ordered some food. The whole time I was there I watched as she smiled and took orders. Oh, my God I can't! I left money and quickly left. I really need to get Veronica out of there. Fast.

Veronica's POV

"Dinners ready!" I heard my mom yell. I sighed and opene my door.

"I'm not hungry!" I yelled back, shutting my door and laying in bed again. Not to long later my door opened again.

"What do you mean you're not hungry?" I heard my father's voice ask. I lokked at him.

"I'm just not hungry," I told him. He sighed.

"Get up!" He yelled. I quickly stood up. "You are eating whether you like it or not!" He said, dragging me out.

We sat at the dinner table in silence. I just sat there and poked at my food. Only eating little bits. My mom got up and left when she was done. When my dad was done, he just sat there and waited for me to finish.

"All of it, now!" He said. I sighed.

"Why do you care? Do you not remember what you said to me the other night?" I asked him. He sighed.

"Well, no man wants a fat girl in there home that's eats everything." He said. I had to hold back my tears

"Then, why are you making me eat right now?" I asked him.

"Becaus you haven't eaten in a few days and nobody wants a girl that's all bones." He said. I sighed and stood up.

"What do you want from me?" I yelled. "Which one do you want from me? Do you want me to eat or not? Do you even want me living. Living an actual. How am I supposed to find someone when you keep me locked up I this damn place?" I asked him. I can see him becoming even more pissed off. I knew it was a mistake to say anything of that, but did. That's when my mom came in and dragged me out and threw my into my room. I heard the door lock. I cried for a minute. I cried about how fucked up my life is, how much food I ate tonight, how nobody cares about me. I looked over and saw the trash can in my room. I smiled a little and wiped my tears. I quickly went over to it and tried making myself throw up. It wasn't very hard. It wouldn't be as hard when my parents don't even let me eat half of the time. I guess this is now my life. I have to be skinny,in have to be pretty. Or else no guy will date me. Jughead's already probably a girl much better then me. Has he broken up with me andni don't even know it?