Thirty-three

Veronica's POV

I woke up to my alarm. I quickly turned it off and cuddled closer to Jughead. He chuckled.

"Finally you're up!" He said. I looked at him. He kissed me lightly. "Let's go," I nodded and we got up. We got around for thr day. I looked at my phone and I had no messages from anybody. Which is kind of weird. He had already left the room. Then there was a small buzzing from the other side of the room. I found the noise. It was his phone. I didn't mean to read the text, but a couple of words caught my eye. It was also from his father.

Dad

D: There's a Serpent meeting tonight. It's one you have to attend. There is no other choice. It's at eight and goes till late.

"Hey, you coming?" I looked up and saw Jughead. I nodded and grabbed him phone, quickly turning off. I walked over to him snd handed it to him.

"Here," I said quietly. He took it, smiling.

"Let's go," he said.

The whole way to school all I could think about was the text. It was the words Serpent meeting that I noticed. I noticed it because Cheryl and Toni are in the Seprents. Do they know him? Should I ask him about it? No. But why didn't he tell me before?

Just like last time he dropped me off a few blocks away. I found the three in the student lounge. I smiled and walked iver to them.

"Hey, guys!" I said. I looked at Toni. "Oh yeah, Toni, sorry I never texted you back. I completely forgot to."

"Its fine," she said. They all looked at each other. Again, looking suspicious. What are they planning?

"Do you have anywhere you need to be this morning, Veronica?" Cheryl asked. What?

"Umm," I said. "No, I don't think so. Why do you ask?" She shook her head.

"No, reason. None at all." She mumbled. It became quiet. I quickly stood up.

"I don't like this quiet. I'll be back in a minute." I said and left. I'm not going back. I hate the quiet so I'm going to Jughead. I made sure nobody was in there before I walked in. Nope. Nobody. I quickly shut the door. He turned around and looked at me.

"I didn't think you were coming today," he said. I shrugged and smiled at him.

"Well, I was with my friends. Except they didn't have anything to talk about. I was bored so I came here." I told him. He chuckled and wrapped his arms around me.

"Yeah, I bet I'm more interesting." He said. I laughed a little. He sighed.

"What?" I asked.

"Do you ever think we spend too much time together?" He asked. I stepped back and looked at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked, worriedly.

"Oh, no! Not like that, just here at school. Where everyone can catch us," he said. I sighed of relief.

"Oh, well, not really. I don't really like thinking about "what if we get caught". Its not worth even thinking about," I said. He chuckled.

"I couldn't disagree," he said and kissed me. I smiled a little, kissing him back. Then the classroom door opened.

"Oh, my god!" I heard Kevin say. I quickly pulled away and looked back and saw Kevin, Cheryl and Toni. The door was wide open. I quickly went to shut it.

"What the hell are you guys doing in here?" I asked them.

"Better question, what the hell are you two doing in here?" She asked. I sighed and looked at Jughead. He looked at me. "Hey, don't look at him look at me." I quickly looked back at her. I bit my lip nervously. "How long has this little rendezvous been going on?" She asked. I sighed.

"Not that long," I lied. She looked at Jughead.

"How long?" She asked, demandingly.

"Okay, five months!" I blurted out. The three of them looked at me, shocked.

"So you've been hiding a relationship with a teacher for five months?" She asked.

"Yup, right after Archie and I broke up." I told them. She sighed and looked down. "Please don't tell anybody! He's the best thing that has ever happened to me, please don't try and tear us apart!" I begged. She had a serious look on her face. Cheryl put her hand on Toni's shoulder. She looked back at her. Cheryl nodded and whispered something in her ear. Toni looked back me, her face relaxed.

"Fine," I smiled and so did She. "Just spend more time with us, please!"

"Fine!" Then, Jughead wrapped his arm around me. I smiled at him.

"Okay, you two can stop being insanely adorable right now," Kevin said.

"Well, I have one question, how the hell did you guys know?" I asked. They all three looked down and I each other, it looked like they were trying to avoid eye contact with me and Jughead. "Guys, how?"

"We followed you after school yesterday," Cheryl said. Jughead and I looked at each other.

"Are you serious?" I asked. Toni nodded.

"Yeah, but we're sorry. We were worried. We didn't know what the hell was going on and you were keeping things from us." She said. I nodded.

"Yeah, and I'm sorry for doing that. But I had to do what was best to keep me and Jug out of trouble," I told them.

"Awe," he said. "They've got nicknames for each other," my face started heating up and I looked down, smiling. Then the bell rang.

"Okay, let's go," Cheryl said. I quickly gave Jughead small kiss then left with them.

They actually excepted us. I thought they would do whatevr they could to tear us apart. I'm glad they didn't. I love him so much. Wait, did I just say that?