Fourty-six

Jughead's POV

I walked into her hospital room behind Kevin. She was talking with Cheryl and Toni. She looked like She had been crying. And she looked pale and sick and had bruises all over. She looked up at Kevin who was now standing behind the two girls. Toni was holding her hand and everything. She looked so tired and exhausted. She slowly looked at me. She straightened a little and looked down.

"Why is he here?" She asked, looking at the others again.

"I told him to come Veronica," kevin said. She sighed and shook her head.

"He knows doesn't he?" She asked.

"Only about your parents. Nothing else. You should be the one to tell him when your ready." Toni said. She scoffed.

"Its pretty obvious. Look at me!" She said. I walked over to her and just embraced her in a hug. She hugged back, but quickly pulled away. "I thought you would have broken up with me by now."

"What? No, why would I do that?" I asked her, confused. She looked at the threw and started leaving, shutting the door. "Why, Veronica."

"Because I've been ignoring you. Never answering your calls or texts. Not staying after class. Then, I just vanish and I never told you a single thing about my past." She said, beating her self up. I sighed and sat next to her.

"Veronica, even before they told me the whole situation with your parents, I wasn't going to end things with you. I couldn't. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me." I told her. I noticed a small smile creep on her face.

"Really?" She asked. I nodded and grabbed her hand.

"Absolutely, I love you too much to ever let you go." I told her. I leaned down and kissed her a little. She pulled away and sighed. "What is it, baby?"

"I guess I should tell you more about my family. Just to clear things up." She said.

"Oh, no, baby, you don't have to tell me anything yet. Just when you're ready." I told her.

"But I want to, Jug. Just let me please." She said. I nodded and she started. She told me everything, I comforted her until she fell asleep. Even after I stayed until they made me leave.

The next day

I was called to the principal's office which was weird. Why am I, a teacher, going to the principal's office? I saw the principal, Cheryl, Toni, Kevin, and a couple other teachers.

"You called for me, Principal Wetherbee?" I asked. He nodded.

"Yes, please sit down," he said. I did. "These students are Kevin Keller, Cheryl Blossom, and Toni Topaz. I believe you have them in your class."

"I do. What is this about?" I asked him.

"Veronica Lodge,"

"I have her too," I said. He nodded.

"You don't know this, but Ms, lodge has had a hard past with her family. Her parents being abusive and body insecurities." I nodded. "I'm only telling you this because these three have informed me that you two have a great trust in the classroom." I nodding, looking at the three. "These are some of her other teachers she has great bonds with. And although school is going in a few months and the f oi ut of them are graduating, she doesn't turn 18 for another few weeks after. They are trying to find her good people to live with and watch her during that time--"

"She can stay with me," I blurted out. Everybody looked at me. I saw the small smile on Cheryl's face.

"Mr. Jones, I'm not sure that is appropriate on any circumstance." He said. I nodded in agreement.

"Yes, I know, but she'd be safe. Plus, I'm close to her age. She trusts me. Hell, when I heard she was in the hospital I had to make sure she was okay." I told him. The threes faces were confused, shocked and they were wondering if I even knew what I was saying. "Besides, she probably would want to spend more time with her friends anyways. And it'd only be for a few months. And it would also be better then just throwing her in a place where she doesn't know anybody and putting more stress on her." He thought for a second.

"Okay, I let it pass. As long as you keep watch over her. If you've seen her in the hospital you probably know what's happening," I nodded. "She'll be discharged within the next few weeks. You can bring her, her work until she's back in school." I nodded and we all left.

"You better be glad that you knew what you were saying!" Her friends came to me. I rolled my eyes.

"You three might be 18, but they wouldn't trust that she live with you. I honestly would want her to live with you more. But, I didn't want her to be somewhere She didn't know and for only a couple of months." I told them.

"You may be right, but you still need to remember that your relationship right now, it not okay." Cheryl said. I nodded and stopped walking.

"I know that, quit reminding me. Now get to class all three of you." I said, walking into my class. Kevin followed. I quickly realized what class period it was. I sighed and he laughed.