Twenty-eight

Veronica's POV

After school, Cheryl, Kevin, and Toni followed me home. They've been here for about an hour. The whole time Toni kept giving me weird looks. I bet its after what happened this morning. It's like she knew I was lying or something. Or she was just still suspicious. And she's right to think I'm lying because I am. But, Jug and I have only been together for almost five months. We've kept it hidden for five months. If she finds out now who knows what she might do? What she would say. Who she would tell. Mostly likely Cheryl and Kevin first. They would have to try and figure out if they want to hurt me or do nothing.

"Veronica, are you okay?" I looked over at Kevin. Him and the two girls were looking at me. Especially Toni and her suspicious look she's had all day. I nodded.

"Yes, I'm fine, Kev." I said and he nodded. I looked at Toni. She quickly looked away from me. I sighed. "Toni, can I talk to you for a second?" I asked. She looked at me and slowly nodded. I got up and she followed me out of the room.

"What?" She asked. I quickly stopped and looked at her.

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I asked. She looked confused.

"What do you mean?" She asked. I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"Don't do that. You're looking at me all suspiciously. Why? Do you not believe what I told you this morning?" I asked her. She sighed.

"I don't know what to believe right now. You're not telling us anything. You never tell where you are. For three Friday's you were busy. Left town over the break. None of those times did you tell us where you were." She said.

"Toni, I appreciate you being worried about me, but as you can tell they aren't back. Look at me! Do I look like I'm covered in bruises or anything? No!" I told her.

"Alright fine. I know they're not back, but where do you go? Who are you meeting with? What are you doing?" She asked.

"Toni, I'm doing something that is my business. Nothing bad is happening I swear it. You have nothing to worry about. But don't tell the other two about this conversation." I said and walked back to my room. Toni came back and looked at Cheryl. Cheryl quickly got up.

"Toni and I have somewhere we did to be. See you two tomorrow." She said and they left. Kevin looked at me.

"What was that all about?" He asked. I shrugged. "What did you and Toni talk about?"

"Nothing important. She just doesn't seem to believe me about something, I guess." I mumbled.

"Well, what is it?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Its nothing. You should probably go too. I have work I need to finish." I told him. He nodded and left. I sighed. If Toni figures out I'm with a teacher she'll kill me. Or him, literally. She would accuse him of so much. Not believe me and a word I say. The more she's onto me the more I feel like She's gonna figure it out and tell Kevin and Cheryl. Maybe I should tell Jughead. Well, he might freak out about it. Just like last time I said my friends might have followed me to his class. But he said he didn't want to lose me. That was like three, maybe four months ago. I don't want to lose him either. Maybe dating a teacher wasn't a great idea, but I really don't care.