Fourty

A Month Later (Sorry)
Veronica's POV

I woke up with more bruises on my body. It's just gonna be another day of wearing a hoodie and sweat pants. As I got around I could remember what my father said to me when I got home late from school. He looked to my mom and said.

"I'm calling him."

When I heard that I wanted to die. All I did was come two minutes late. I stayed behind and asked a teacher about a assignment. I tried explaining that to them, they just didn't listen. They came into my roommate that night just to tell me that he'll be here in about a week.

All I want to do is to go out and have fun with my friends and to see Jughead outside of school. I just want him to hold me in my arms again. That probably won't happen until I'm eighteen and moved out. That is if he stays with me long enough to hold me again. He'll probably get tired of my ignoring him and loose his interest in me. It would hurt so much if it was only a few weeks after he said I love you. I really want to be with him and have a life and family with him. I don't care about the age difference. I don't care about what people will think about it. I love him. And now my parents are keeping me away from everybody so I hope he still loves me even though I'm ignoring him.

I get all of his texts. I get all of my friends texts. It's just my parents have my phone locked somewhere and my ringer is still on. I know when someone texts me. It's their horrible way of punishing me. Punishing me for what? I have no clue. Why couldn't they have just kept their illegal business back in New York?

I walked into school feeling horrible. I haven't eaten in days. The whole omentni get home I just lay in bed and do absolutely nothing. Cheryl, Toni and Kevin try talking to me throughout the day. Jughead does to. I think he tries more then the other three, and I think I know the reason to that. He has no idea about my parents at all. He's probably confused, worried, overthinking things. I know when Archie and I were together he wasn't worried at all. He thought I was having one of my "moments" where I was being dramatic and didn't want to talk to anybody. Betty hated me through that time because of how I was acting towards her. The only people who really scared and worried about me were Cheryl, Toni and Kevin. Just like they are now. I know I should tell them my parents are back, but my parents would kill me. They'd just hurt me even more. While Cheryl, Toni, and Kevin were trying to find ways to help me, my parents knew they were and they just hit me harder.

Jughead's class was long, like always. But today it was different. In the middle of class he got up and started walking around. When he got closer to me he put a paper on my books. I smiled a little and watched him walk off and sit back down. I sighed a little. I know what it's going to say. Its gonna say something along the lines of 'what's going on?' I just know it. I slowly unfolded it.

I'm worried about you. Please tell me what's going on. I love you, babygirl.

Someone tapped my shoulder. It was Kevin. I looked over at him. He was smiling.

"Babygirl?" He whispered. I rolled my eyes and looked up at Jughead. He looked desperate and confused and just lost. I sighed and crumpled up the paper. Kevin looked confused. I made sure Jughead was looking away when I did it. But, he noticed anyways. Not too long later, he got up walking over to us. I sighed, bythe turned to Kevin. He something and Kevin nodded.

After class, Kevin stayed behind. I waited a for him to come out, and when he did I had to ask.

"What the hell was that?" I asked him.

"What was what?" He asked.

"Why did you stay behind? What did Jug what to talk about?" I asked him.

"It was just about my schoolwork. Look, I have to go. Classes start in two minutes." Hs said and walked off. Its more then that. I get that Jughead is worried, but why does he have to talk to my friends?