Thirty

Wednesday
Veronica's POV

I woke up and immediately realized I was alone. I sighed and just cuddle into the blankets some more, closing my eyes again.

"Hey, don't go back to sleep. It's almost seven." He said. I didn't move.

"Mmm," He sighed and chuckled. I smiled.

"Come on!" He said, putting a hand on my arm. I looked at him. He was half dressed and smiling at me.

"I don't wanna." I mumbled. He chuckled again.

"Well, you're gonna have to. Let's go." He said. I looked at him and smiled again.

"Make me get up." I said tiredly. He sighed.

"We're really doing this aren't we?" He asked. I nodded.

"Maybe." I said. He thought for a second then walked out of the room. "You not trying?"

"I'm giving up!" He said. I smiled and sat up a little. I looked around the room. I guess I'm wearing the same clothes as yesterday. I don't really have the time to go get some new ones. I got up and got dressed. I walked out of the room and found Jughead on his phone, texting. It seemed really important. He looked up and saw me. He smiled and put his phone down, walking over to me.

"You got up?" He asked sounding surprised. I smiled and rolled my eyes.

"Well, I kind of have to." I told him. He chuckled and kissed me lightly. "How are we going to get to school?"

"Same way we get here from school." He said.

"That only happened three times. But, I mean, without getting caught." I told him. He just sat there. "Just drop me off a few ways from the school." He nodded.

"Okay, well, let's go," he said and we left. Like I said, he dropped me off and few blocks away.

When I got to school I found Cheryl, Kevin and Toni. I know if they see me they'll ask questions. They tried calling me last night. It wasn't a constant thing, but they call a couple of times. I guess I'll face their interrogation. I slowly walked over to them. They glaced at me then went back in conversation. Okay, weird.

Toni's POV

I really want to know what's going on with Veronica. She's hiding things from us I know it. She never came over on the Fridays we asked. She had a week planned for when we had a break. She usually would planned things with us the get away from her parents. I even asked if she was dating a teacher. How could I be so stupid? She would never do that. Well, she is keeping a lot from us. But she wouldn't do that. When I walked into the English classroom on Monday it was weird.  It seemed like they were backing away from each other. I had to talk to her so I pulled her put of there. Now I'm just trying to figure out what she's hiding from us. I should tell Cheryl and Kevin what I think is happening. I wouldn't care if she was dating a teacher. Unless I see some problems with it. I don't know why I wouldn't care exactly. Well, I specifically asked if she was dating the English teacher. I, for some reason, wouldn't care. Especially if she was happy. I looked to Cheryl and Kevin who were talking. I have completely spaced out.

"Guys!" I quicky got their attention. They both looked at me. "Are you two willing to follow Veronica with me after school?" She exchanged confused looks then back at me.

"What?" Kevin asked. I sighed.

"Have either you noticed how weird she's been acting? Or how much She is now hiding from us?" I asked.

"What are you thinking?" Cheryl asked. "Wait, is this about that whole secret lover thing you used to make fun of?"

"Yeah, a little!" I told her.

"You really believe she wouldn't tell us? If you really think she's hiding someone from us, who? Who do you think?" She asked.

"You might not believe me, but I think it's the new teacher." I told them. They both started laughing. I sighed and rolled my eyes.

"Wait, you really think she would date a teacher?" Kevin asked seriously now. I nodded. "No, if she's hiding a secret lover it's probably because her and Archie got back together and she doesn't want us to be disappointed with her or something." I looked in the corner of the students lounge.

"Really? You think she's back with Archie." I said, pointing in the corner. They both looked back to see Archie and Betty kissing. They slowly looked back at me.

"Okay, maybe she's not with Archie, but that doesn't mean she's with a teacher." Kevin said. I looked over and saw Veronica.

"Oh, hey, shut up!" I told them. They both looked at her then we all looked ab k at each other. "We'll finish this conversation later." I said.

We all just sat there and waited to see if she would come over, but she oddly went over to Archie and Betty.

"What the hell?" I muttered.

"Why is she talking to them?" Kevin also muttered. Then she walked out with Archie. They both looked at me.

"What?" I asked. "Okay this does not mean She is dating him. Did you not just see Archie and Betty five seconds ago?"

"Okay, I guess we can follow her after school. She does seem to be hiding things from us." Kevin said.

"Thank you!" We both looked at Cheryl. "We both know you would enjoy doing this." I told her. She sighed.

"Dammit, you're right. Fine, okay!" She agreed. We looked back over now her, Archie and Betty were walking back in. When the hell did Betty leave? Shebwalked over to us. We all gave her confused looks.

"What?" She asked. "I just wanted to talk to them, I swear. It was something important that Archie," she sighed annoyed. "Needed to hear and Betty just so happened to come along." Before any of us could say something the bell rang. She left I I looked at the other two.

"Don't forget!" I told them and walked off.