Twenty-Six

Thursday Morning
Veronica's POV

It's finally Thursday! I still can't believe he actually said yes last Wednesday. But it was also expected a little. I have most of the things I need packed and ready to go. I quickly texted Jughead.

Juggie

V: Do you have everything you need ready or do I need to come and help you?

J: I'm good, but thank you.

Toni

T: Can you come over for a little bit today?

V: When?

T: Now, maybe

V: Okay, why?

T: Just to hangout for a bit

V: Fine but only for a couple hours

T: Got it!

I got over to Cheryl's and Toni's. Kevin was there. We talked for a bit then they brought up about me leaving for the break.

"Oh, where are you going for the break, Veronica?" Cheryl asked. I looked at her.

"No place special. Just leaving town a bit." I said.

"Well, why can't we go with you?" Kevin asked. I sighed and smiled at him.

"Because. I would like my alone time away from you three. No offense." I said. I then looked at my phone. "Oh, shit!"

"What?" Toni asked.

"It's almost five. I have to go. I'm leaving in half an hour." I said, getting up and leaving.

I left at five-thirty. I texted Jughead how to get here. We figured it'd be better if we left separately. Just incase, for some reason, someone from school knew it was us. Leaving together. I don't know how that would happen, but I would like to be able to stay with Jughead. Not get torn away from him.

I got there at around seven. I waited half an hour for Jughead. I heard him and quickly went outside. I smiled at him and smiled back.

"Sorry that I'm a little late. I had gotten distracted." He said, walking over to me. I shook my head.

"No, it's fine. Besides, it gave me time to get my stuff situated 'till Sunday." I told him. He chuckled and kissed me. Nothing really happened for a while, except trying to get situated for only two days.

It was almost nine when we started to get around for bed. He started to leave th e room.

"Where are you going?" I asked him.

"Well, you're going to bed. I was gonna leave you to sleep." He said. I smiled.

"And where were you going to sleep?" I asked, knowing what he really ment by that. He shrugged. "Just come sleep with me. Please! Its fine." I told him. He chuckled and walked over to me. He layed next to me and pulled me closer to him. He kissed the top of my head and we fell asleep.

The Next Morning

I woke up alone. I looked over and Jughead was gone. I sighed and got up. I found him, sitting at the table, eating.

"No, I did not leave you in the middle of the night. I wasn't able to leave your sleeping frame in the middle of the night to sleep by yourself. Besides, you also looked to adorable." He said. I smiled and blushed a little.