Thirty-seven

Veronica's POV

I got home after school just hoping my parents would be gone. I don't want them to be home. I was doing so fine on my own. I was taking care of myself, I did my schoolwork. My life was fine until they came back into it. And this year is almost over too. I'm almost eighteen. We have three months left of this school year. There's still prom and graduation. I'm not gonna be able to spend time with Jughead anymore. Not until I'm able to move out.

I walked inside and it was quiet. There was no sounds. I sighed of relief. I walked to my room and opened my door. Nevermind. They've destroyed my room. They both stopped and looked at me.

"What the hell are you two looking for?" I asked them. My mom walked closer to me.

"We believe you are hiding something from us and we are trying to found out what it is." She said. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm not hiding anything from you guys. Besides, you two were the ones who were gone for the past eight months. It was my seventeenth birthday and I wake up to find that parents are gone." I mumbled as I walked passed her.

"We were on a business trip, mija." My father said. I rolled my eyes and scoffed.

"Yeah, one that wasn't brought up until after you were gone? Also, being gone for eight months is an awful long business trip, don't you think?" I said and satrted to get a little bit annoyed.

"Dont speak to your father that way!" My mom said. I laughed.

"What are you gonna do? Are you gonna go back to what you did my whole life? Lock me in my room with no food or water for days. Make sure my friends all hate me by the time you free me from my room. Make sure I can leave this place and all I can do it sleep and wait for nightfall and just sleep again. Hit me messing up one little thing. Hit me for no reason until I'm bleeding and my crying my eyes out, begging for you to stop. Is that why you guys came back? So you can have the power to boss me around for the next few months. Until I graduated and have moved out. So you can get that last feeling of dominance against me. Trying to get me frail and weak again. Well, it's not happening." I said. My mom quickly slapped me, hard. I had to push the pain aside and push the tears back. I looked back at her. "Is that tte worst tou could do," I asked smiling. "Get out. Both of you so I can clean the mess you guys made." And they both left.

I started cleaning my room that they destroyed. I layed in bed, exhausted and my phone went off. I grabbed it. I smiled when Jughead's name was on my screen.

Jughead

J: Do you wanna come over for a while?

V: On a Tuesday?

J: Why not?

V: Sure, I'll come

J: Great

I got up and walked out my room. I started walking to the door. I was stopped by my father.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked. I looked at me.

"I'm going out," I told him.

"No youre not." He said.

"Yeah, I'm going to hang out with Cheryl and Toni for a while." I said, opening the door.

"I'll just call a few people from New York to come down and visit us." He said. I quickly looked back at him. He had his phone out. I quickly shut the door.

"Fine. I won't go out. Just please don't call them." I said in defeat. I had slight tears in my eyes.

"Okay," he said, putting his phone away. I locked the door and walked back to my room. I shut my door andayed in bed again. Why did that have to come back now? Was it just to torture me? I don't know.