Twenty-one

Skipping to Friday (Because I'm Lazy)
Veronica's POV

I'm walking to school with Cheryl, Toni, and Kevin. They're talking about something, I'm not exactly paying attention. I'm too busy thinking about going over to Jughead's after school. Should I go to him before school starts? No, I'm gonna do what I did last Friday and not go.

"Veronica!" Toni yelled. I quickly snapped out of my thoughts and looked at her.

"What?" I asked, confused. She sighed.

"Were you even paying attention to what we where just saying?" She asked.

"...yeah?" I said, in a more questionable way.

"What were we talking about then?" She asked. I opened my mouth, but didn't say anything.

"Uhh, I don't know." I mumbled. "What were you talking about?" I asked.

"Do you want to come over after school?" She asked and the other started their own quiet conversation.

"I'm busy. Besides, why do you guys want me to come over every Friday now?" I asked.

"Why are you busy every Friday now?" She asked.

"Because." I quickly said.

"Because why? What are you doing? Are meeting up with someone? If so, who? What the hell do you do every Friday?" She asked. I shrugged.

"Nothing... nothing important." I said.

"Well, if it's not important then you can come over. Please!" She begged. I sighed.

"Fine! I'll try and make it. If I can." I said.

"What do you mean, if you can? Do you have something to do?" She asked. I nodded.

"I already said yes, Toni! Listen!" I said. She laughed.

"Okay, sorry. But with what?" She asked. Then, I realized we were at school.

"Nothing. I gotta go?" I said.

"Where do you go everyday, too?" Cheryl asked. I shrugged.

"I'm hiding from you guys." I said and left them. I looked behind me a few times to make sure they weren't following me. I swear I could've seen then a couple of times. I don't know. Maybe it was just me. I quickly walked into his class and quickly shut the door.

"You Okay? What's happening?" He asked.

"I think my friends are following me around. But I also think I lead them the wrong way so..." I trailed off. He sighed quietly and I almost didn't notice it. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to put us in trouble." I mumbled. He walked over to me.

"No, you're fine. It's just I don't want to lose you. We have no idea what your friends would do if they knew we are together." He said. I smiled at him.

"They wouldn't do that. Especially if I ask them too. But I'm not gonna tell them. They do question me a little bit, but I don't tell them anything. They just really ask where I go and what I'm doing." I told him. He smiled, too.

"Okay." He said.

"I wasn't gonna come, but I didn't want to be questioned by my friends any longer. They want me to hangout with them after school." I told him.

"Didn't they want that last Friday?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah," I said.

"Why don't you go with them?" He asked

"Because I have to seen them eveyday and they sometimes come home with me. They, quite literally, follow me around. I love them, but it gets a little bit annoying." I said. He chuckled and leaned in, kissing me lightly. I smiled a little and kissed him back.

I slowly pulled away and smiled at him. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"I regret saying that now." He said. I shrugged.

"I better go. We don't want to get caught." I said and left his classroom. I just had to run into Archie. I sighed and just walked off.

"Veronica, I need to talk to you!" He said.

"If you could find me again." I said and went to class.

After School

I closed my locker and was about to walk off when someone blocked me. I sighed.

"I found you." Archie said. I rolled my eyes.

"Seems that you have." I said with a sigh.

"I wanted to let you know, Betty and I are not together anymore." He said. I scoffed.

"So? Why would I care?" I asked him. He sighed.

"I'm sorry, Ronnie. I didn't mean to hurt you in anyway. And I know that Betty didn't mean to either." He said.

"Where are you going with this? Hurry! I really need to be somewhere?" I said.

"I'm sorry, and I want to get back together with you." He said quickly. This took me by surprise. I was not expecting him to say that.

"What?" I asked.

"I miss you, Ronnie--"

"Don't call me that! Don't "I miss you" me! I'm over you, Archie! I've moved on from you. We're over and we're not getting back together again! It just took to much time. Now, if you'll excuse me I have to go." I said and started walking off.

"Are you with someone new?" I asked I looekd back at him.

"And so what if I am? You cheated on me, remember, and with my bestfriend. Leave me alone and I mean it!" I said and walked outside the school and waited. A few minutes later Jughead came out. "Hey." I said as he walked over to me.

"Hey, I saw that conversation with that dude earlier. Was everything okay?" He asked.

"Yeah, it was just my ex. He's trying o get back with me just because him and my ex bestfriend aren't together anymore." I told him.

"Did he say anything to you. Anything else?" He asked. I shook my head.

"No, nothing. And if he did I would tell you, I promise. Let's just go. Quickly." And we left.

We did exactly as we did last Friday. Watched movies till late. Till I fell asleep at around ten. I really do enjoy this.

The picture is another story that I literally came up with last night. I don't know when I'll be starting it, but I hope it's soon. I think I'll get through this story, Trust Issues and To Hard to Find a little bit more before starting it. Maybe... I don't know. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter.