Sixty-three

Two Months Later
Veronica POV

It's been two months since we all became friends again, thanks to Jughead. No, Betty and Archie still don't know about us, but I thought that since we are graduating in a couple of days, I would tell them. I've told Cheryl, Kevin and Toni that I want to tell them. They questioned me and asked if this was a good idea. I told them no, that is probably wasn't. But, we're all bestfriends again. They should know. Plus, I'm almost eighteen anyways. And it's my life. I thought I could do it today since its Satsurday. I went to Pops and I texted Betty.

Betty

V: Hey, can you and Archie meet me at Pops?

B: Sure. Are the others going to be there?

V: No, it's just us. I want to tell you guys something.

B: On our way.

I waited almost ten minutes. I played the conversation out in my head. Over and over and over again. I hope they don't tell anybody or make a big deal out of this. We graduate soon. Why does it matter?

When I heard the bell chime, I looked up and saw them. They walked over to me and sat across from me.

"What is it you needed to talk to us about. V?" Betty asked. I took a deep breath.

"I want to tell you guys something and I want you to promise not to make a big deal out of it or tell anyone." I said. They both nodded.

"We promise," Archie said.

"I hope so. The other three already know this. They have for a while now. I'm telling you because we are so close to graduating and I just hope you don't make a big deal out of it." I said.

"We won't, just tell us!" Betty said, with a small laugh.

"I don't know what other way to say this, but I'm dating a teacher." I said. They both froze for a second.

"Wait, what? Say that again?" Betty said. I nodded.

"I'm dating a teacher." I said nervously.

"Let me guess, its Mr. Jones isn't it?" Betty asked. I nodded. "I knew it! Give me my money, Archie!"

"Dammit!" He said.

"What the hell?" I questioned. "Did you know?"

"No, I didn't. I just thought. Back when he told us what you had been going through and when we all became our group again, I questioned it. I asked Cheryl and them while we were waiting for you here and they all denyed it, but I knew they were lying. Archie and I made a bet. I won, obviously." She said, smiling at him.

"Are you going to tell anyone?" I asked her.

"No, as long as my bestfriends happy I'm happy." Betty said.

"Archie?" I asked.

"Of course. I promise I won't be the jealous ex." He said. We all laughed a little.

"Why don't we invite the others?" Betty asked. I nodded.

"Only for a little while. I'll have to be going soon." I told her. She nodded and texted them.

When I left, I went straight back to the trailer. Jughead was sitting on the couch. He looked up at me and smiled a little.

"Hey, baby, where'd you go?" He asked, just continuing to look at me. I smiled at him.

"I went to Pops and told Betty and Archie about us," I told him. He looked at me worriedly.

"What did they say?" He asked. I sighed and smiled even more.

"They had a bet. Betty had a suspicion since you helped us all become friends again. She said you and I were dating and Archie didn't. So, she won." I told him. He chuckled, grabbing my hand and pulling me on his lap. I smiled at him.

"You are the best thing that has ever happened to me, you know that?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yes, you tell me all the time. Any chance you get." I said.

"Well, its true." He said. I smiled, but stopped as I remembered something.

"Jug, there's something I want to talk to you about." I said.

"What is it?" He asked.

"When I leave for college, I don't think I want to come back very much. Only because I want to focus on one thing. I mean, going through my last year of highschool with trying to hide our relationship, and my friend drama and family drama, I just don't want to come back to that for a while." I said. He nodded.

"That's okay. I understand. Besides, we still the rest of this summer with each other. You can come back when or if you want to. We can make the long distance work. Even if it gets hard. I promise." He said. I smiled a little, not feeling as guilty anymore.

"Thank you for understanding, Jug. I just--" I cut me off.

"No more. I get it. Let's just spend our summer together and whatever happens next happens." He said.

"I just don't want to lose you because of the distance." I said.

"You won't, baby, I promise. You're not losing me at all." He said, smiling. I smiled and kissed him. "I love you, Ronnie."

"I love you too, Jug,"