Fifty-eight

Veronica's POV

Betty eventually had to leave and it was just me and Archie. I was thinking again. Which isn't good.

"Veronica, are you okay?" Archie asked, shaking me a little. I looked at him.

"Huh? What?" I asked him.

"What's wrong? You look like you're thinking way too much. I've noticed you've been doing that a lot this past week. What's going on?" He asked. I sighed.

"I'm just stressed. With school and we're about to graduate. Then, going to college. And you've missed so much school how are you okay with all of this? I've been... ugh!" I stood up and started pacing around.

"Veronica, take a deep breath. What's really bothering you?" He asked. I just ignored him and continued thinking. He got up and stood in front of me. I looked up at him.

"What Archie?" I asked him.

"What's going on?" He said calmly. I looked away and took a deep breath.

"Everything has just been coming at once, and it's all coming with everything I'm going through personally I just... I don't anymore, Archie." I said. He looked a little confused, but of course he did. He's Archie.

"Everything will be fine okay? Everything will be fine. We have two months left. Do you want me to get Betty back here?" I shook my head.

"No, I just... Archie, I've been doing something." I told him. He just looked at me.

"What is it?" He asked. I told a deep breath and rolled up both of my sleeves to show him. He didn't say anything, he just pulled me into a hug. I just broke down crying in his arms. "Its okay," he repeated. "How long have you been doing it?"

"Only a few days ago. I'm not exactly sure." I told him. He nodded.

"I'm just glad you came to me. Just promise you won't do it again. I won't tell anybody a as long as you don't do it again." He said. I nodded.

"I promise. I have to to now." I told him. He nodded and I left. I guess nedd to go back to the trailer tonight. Probably to just get some more stuff I guess and leave again.

I stood in front of the door, not sure if I should go in. Is this a good idea. What if he's here? Of course he would be. He doesn't have anywhere to be. That I know of. I sighed and walked inside. Only because I didn't want to walk back in the dark. I immediately noticed him sitting on the couch. He looked up at me and quickly stood up. I started to leave again, but he stopped me by grabbing my arm gently. I looked at him again.

"Please, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get mad. It was something stupid. You tried telling me that and I didn't listen. And is was especially stupid to get mad after everything you had just been through. I'm sorry, Veronica." He said, sounding super genuine. I couldn't help, but smile.

"What does this mean for us?" I asked him.

"Nothings changed. I was just an idiot. But, I am also sorry that it took a lecture from Toni for me to realize how much of an idiot I am." He said. We both laughed a little.

"Jug, before we go back to have a happy relationship. There's something I should probably tell you first." I told him.

"What?" He asked. Why did I decide to do this twice in one day? I guess it's because I love him. Just like I did with Archie, i pulled up my sleeves so I could show him what i have been doing. I saw the worry in his eyes. "How long?"

"Only a few days, I promise." I told him.

"Why?" He asked now.

"I was scared. We weren't talking. I thought I had screwed up our who relationship with ome stupid kiss. Then, coming back to school, and helping my ex boyfriend. It was all just overwhelming." I told him. He pulled me into a hug. But not only that, he picked me up and started walking to the room. He layed on the bed with me in my arms. I just cuddled into his side.

"I love you, Veronica. Don't ever forget that." He said.

"I love you too," I said, and we eventually fell asleep.