Fifty-nine

Veronica's POV

I woke up and noticed Jughead was already awake. I smiled and cuddled into him more. He smiled too.

"How long have you been up?" I asked him.

"Not very long," he said.

"How long,  Jug?" I asked again.

"Only about two hours," he chuckled.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I asked him.

"Because you were too peaceful and adorable. Plus, you looked like you needed the sleep." He said. I nodded in agreement, but only a little. My phone buzzed. I sighed and looked at it. It was Betty asking if she wanted to meet up at Pops.

"Jug, is it okay if I hang out with a few friends?" I asked him. He nodded.

"Yeah, you don't have to ask." He asked. I nodded and got up. I started getting around while he was just on his phone. I walked of the room. "Hey!" He yelled I walked back to the room.

"What?" I asked him.

"You're gonna leave without giving me a kiss?" He asked. I laughed and walked over to him. I gave him a kiss and smiled a little.

"You happy now?" I asked him.

"Mmm, no, but you can leave now." He said. I nodded and left.

I met with Betty at Pops and Archie was with her. I sat across from them and notice they were holding hands. I looked at her.

"No, you will not be the third wheel, I promise. We just wanted to hang out as friends again." She said. I nodded.

"I hope I'm not the third wheel." I said. We both laughed. Not even a five minutes after I got here the bell chimed again. I looked back and saw Cheryl, Toni and Kevin. They saw me, then Betty and Archie and came over to us. I sighed and looked away.

"Hi guy," I heard Cheryl said with fake enthusiasm. "Veronica, may I ask you question? Nevermind you don't get a choice. Why the hell are you hanging out with these two?"

"Cheryl!" I said.

"I would also like to know." Kevin said. I rolled my eyes.

"Because, I told you guys, I was helping Archie." I said.

"He looks pretty helped. You should've been hanging around them anyways." She said.

"Why? Because I found them together in a classroom at school while Archie and I were still dating? They apologized. They really meant." I told the three.

"Well, we're not going to be friends with the people who hurt our bestfriend. So it's either us or them." Toni said.

"Wha-- what?" I asked them. I looked at Betty and Archie. Betty shrugged.

"We don't want to be friends with anybody who doesn't want to be friends with us. So I guess you have a choice to make." Betty said.

"Toni, weren't you the one whole told Ju--" I cut myself off. "You were the one who said that, when you know who, was mad at me that being mad was stupid over something meaningless. You knew it was stressing me out. Why are you doing this to me now?" I asked her. She sighed.

"Well, I do agree with my words, but I just can't friends with those two anymore. There are just too many differences." She said and they left. Betty and Archie got up too and left. I sighed.

"Great,c I muttered. I just looked out the window. Until I heard Pop say my name.

"Veronica," I looked at him. "I'm sorry about your friends. Would you like a milkshake? On the house." He smiled. I did too.

"Thanks, Pop," why would I say no to that? Besides, I just hope a milkshake could take my mind off some things.

I tried texting all five of them. Nobody answered back. Except Archie. But, all he said was sorry. How could Toni just ignore her own words? I'm not gonna let this get to me. If they can't get along with each other then why would I want to be friends with any of them anyways?

I left Pops and went back to the trailer. Jughead was still there. He looked at me as I walked through the door.

"You're back earlier then I expected." He said. I sighed a little.

"Yeah, me too." I said.

"You okay?" He asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, just still a little tired," I told him. He nodded.

"Well, if you'd like, you can go get more sleep. I know you haven't been sleeping much lately." He said. I nodded and stood up just wanting to get away for a while. Even if was just me trying to get more sleep. I'd be escaping more of this stupid drama for a while.