Thirty-one

Veronica's POV

The whole day the other three have been acting... strange. Maybe it's because I talked to Archie. I noticed I had a text from him when I finally looked at my phone this morning. It was him saying he wanted me back. Betty ended up following us and heard the whole conversation. She was pissed for like a minute. Archie apologized and she forgave him quickly. Then they started making out so I left.

I walked back to Cheryl, Toni, and Kevin and they all three looked suspicious. I didn't question it. They look like that a lot. It's usually right before they tell me what they're planning. But today they didn't tell me anything. That was weird. Then the bell rang and I went to class.

It was during third period when I noticed Kevin especially acting weird. He was either always looking at me or at Jughead. I think Jughead also noticed. What the hell is he thinking? What had Toni told him? Did she not believe me the other day? I also got a text from Toni.

Toni

T: Do you want to go to Pop's or just hangout after school?

I didn't reply.

Once class was over, I stayed behind. Kevin looked at me, confused for a second.

"Are you coming, Veronica?" He asked. I shook my head, with a smile. Jughead slowly started walking towards the door.

"No, I just need to ask a quick question. I'll be right out." I told him. He nodded and left. Then Jughead shut the door.

"What the hell was happening in class today?" He asked immediately. I sighed and shrugged.

"I honestly don't know. But I don't want to think about it, please?" I asked. He chuckled and nodded. I sighed. "Please, save me," I said looking at my phone. "My friend wants to hangout after school, and I really don't want to."

"Movie date?" He asked, with a smile on his face. I smiled and nodded.

"Yes, absolutely." I said. He came over and kissed me.

"You should stay a little longer," he said. "I have a free period." He said and kissed me a little. I giggled as he pulled me closer to him.

"You know I can't, Jug." I told him and the bell rang. "I have to go." But he wouldn't let me out of his grasp. I laughed quietly. "Juggie!" I looked at him, he wasn't smiling or anything. He was just looking at me. I stopped smiling. "Jug, what's wrong?"

"I'm sorry, I just can't seem to let you go. I don't want to let you go," he said. "Anytime I see one of your friends looking at you, or me, or us weirdly like today, I always get a feeling that if they find out, they'll tear us apart. I just... I don't want to lose you."

"Awe, Jug!" I said and hugged him. He held me close. "Nothing is going to tear us apart. Not even my friends. No matter how hard they try. If they find find out. I'm not gonna let them. I promise you that." I said, pulling out of the hug and looking at him. He just pulled me back into the hug. I giggled a little. Then he muttered something under his breath. I looked at him. "What was that?" I asked.

"I didn't say anything," he shook his head.

"Oh," I smiled. "Well, I better get to class. I'll come over later, I promise. I know I'll be falling asleep so I'll stop by mine and get clothes first." He nodded and I left his classroom. I left smiling.

Jughead's POV

I whispered it. It was so quiet! She didn't even hear it which I'm glad she didn't. I know that might be a weird thing to say, but I whispered it. It felt right. But again I want to wait a little bit longer.

Then, she left. I don't like it when she leaves. It leaves me heartbroken even though we never actually broke up. I'm just so paranoid and scared that I'll lose her. Her friends seem to be figuring it out more and more. I'm not blaming Veronica because why would she tell her friends something that could get us into trouble.

At least she's coming over later. I'll get to see her and hold her close to me. I hate letting her go. I hate when she leaves me. I hate how all of this is just so stressful to me. I hate it all. But I love her. So damn much! And I hope She loves me back.