Nine

Two weeks later
Veronica's POV

It's been two weeks, and I have gone to his classroom everyday for the passed two weeks. We've actually grown... close. I don't know if that's the word I really want to use, but it's the only one I can come up with. He makes me laugh. And he listens to me. I'm making this sound worse than it actually is. He's just a great teacher and listener. We have gotten to a first name basis. Well, he has. He doesn't think it'd be appropriate if I knew his first name. But he knows mine, and I've tried to get it out of him every day I just can never get it. We've built up a great relationship. Not like that!

I decided that since I've went to his classroom everyday, and that everybody questions where I am every morning, that I'll ask Archie if he'd go with me.

Archikins

V: Do you wanna walk to school with me?

It took him a little before he texted back.

A: I would if I hadn't already left with Betty. Maybe another time. Sorry

I sighed. I'll just go to school with Cheryl and Toni.

Bombshell

V

: Would you and Toni like to go to school with me?

C: Sure! We'll be there in ten minutes.

V: Perfect!

Once they got here and we started walking to school, they asked about Archie.

"Why didn't you ask Archie to walk to school with you?" Cheryl asked.

"I tried. He said he already left for school with Betty." I told them.

"You know you should just--" I cut her off before she could say anymore.

"No! I'm still not going to listen to that." I said.

"Okay, okay!" She said.

"Anyways, where have you been going everyday for the passed few weeks? You aren't with us in the mornings anymore." Toni asked. I just shrugged and shook my head.

"Places. It's my business." I said.

"Veronica, we're worried about you. Why don't you tell us anything anymore?" She asked.

"I have nothing tell. Only thing is I have a boyfriend who loves me and I love him, and I have friends who think he's cheating on me with my bestfriend." I said. They were both quiet for a second.

"Sorry, Veronica." Cheryl said. I looked at her. "They love next door to each other. They could easily just just walk to school together."

"No, I'm sorry. I'm overreacting. You two as re my friends and are just trying to protect me. I get that." I said.

When we got to school, I left them so I could go find Archie. As I walked by a closed door I heard giggling inside. I rolled my eyes. People are disgusting sometimes. I was getting ready to walked away when I heard Archie's name.

"Archie, stop!" A girl said. I know who that is. That's Betty. I quickly opened the door and saw Betty and Archie kissing.

"Archie?" I questioned. He quickly looked over at me. I started tearing up but forced myself not to cry in front of them.

"Veronica! I-I can explain." He said.

"Save it! Cheryl and Toni were right. You and Betty were, are cheating in me. Really, Betty? I thought I could trust you. I can't believe you." I said. I looked at Archie. "I hope she makes you happy. More than I ever did. Go to hell. Both of you." I said and left the class shutting the door. I walked down the halls trying not to cry. I made it to another classroom. I didn't even mean to come here, but I guess he saw me. I walked in anyways and shut the door. I then just broke down.

"Hey! Woah, woah! Veronica? What happened?" He asked.

"They were right!" I said.

"Who?" He asked.

"My friends." I continued crying. "They said my boyfriend was cheating on me. I just saw him and my bestfriend t... together." He then pulled me into hug. He didn't even hesitate either. My natural reaction was to just hug him back and continue crying. I was slowly calming down.

"Jughead." He said. I looked at him, confused.

"What?" I asked.

"Jughead. That's my name." He said.

"Jughead?" I asked kind of questionably.

"Well, it's a nickname. My actual name is Forsythe Pendleton Jones the Third, but Jughead is what people usually call me." He said. I smiled and wiped away a few tears. I then stopped smiling.

"But what about it not being appropriate?" I asked. He shook his head and smiled.

"You were upset and I wanted to see you smile. Besides, I don't like seeing my favourite student upset." He said. Smiled again and laughed a little.

"So I'm your favourite student?" I asked.

"Absolutely! Nobody is better in this class than you!" He said. I rolled my eyes.

"Well, you're my favourite teacher." I said. He chuckled. I just looked up at him. I bit my lip a little. I felt like kissing him. Then, the bell rang and I took a step back. "Uhm, well, I better, uhh, to my first class." He nodded.

"Uhh, yeah." He said. I quickly walked tk the door and left the classroom. I sighed once I got to the end of the hall. What were we about to do?