Eighteen

Friday Morning
Veronica's POV

I'm walking to school with Cheryl and Toni right now.

"Hey, Veronica, do you have anything planned after school?" Toni asked.

"Umm, why?" I asked her.

"Do you want to come over after school?" She asked.

"Uhm, I don't know." I have to lie or else they'll ask where I'm going.

"Well, come over after school for a little while." She said. I nodded.

"Okay. I'll try and make it." I told her.

"Okay."

I stayed with Cheryl, Toni and Kevin today before classes. Classes started and all I want is for it to be the end of the day.

Kevin and I got to the the classroom at the same time today.

"Cheryl and Toni asked me to come over after school. Are you coming?" He asked me. I shrugged.

"I don't know. They already asked me. I don't know if I'm free after school." I'm not.

"What do you mean? You don't have anything to do. Your parents are away and you are single. Sorry. Just come!" He said. I sighed and looked over a Jughead. He wasn't paying attention to anybody at all. I looked back at Kevin.

"I'll see if I can make it, Kev." I said and the bell rang. "Class is starting. Shut up!"

Kevin was trying to convince me the whole class period to go after school. I kept on telling him no, but he never gave up. Now I just want this class to be over. Even though Jughead's here, Kevin is annoying.

At lunch, Archie and Betty sat with us. I sighed and rolled my eyes. You've got to be kidding me. It was just quiet. I looked over at Betty. She was looking at me. Well, it was actually more like glaring. I rolled my eyes and looked away. Then, Cheryl said something.

"What do you two want?" She asked, annoyed.

"We just wanted to sit with our friends." Betty said.

"What? You haven't sat with us for a month as and for a good reason." Toni said.

"Yeah? And what's that reason?" Archie asked.

"You cheated on me with this bitch and nobody wants you here because you're an ass." I said. He looked at me. "What?" I asked. "I'm not wrong." I saw Cheryl smiling out of the corner of my eye.

"She's not a bitch! Betty, let's go." He mumbled and they got up to leave.

"Someone's obviously over him." Toni said.

"Haven't we gone over this before? I'm completely over this. We're over. He cheated on me and with my bestfriend. He lost me forever and this time I mean it." I told them.

"That's my bestfriend!" Toni said, proudly. I just smiled. "Now," she said.

"No! I'm busy!" I said. "Oh, shit." I muttered.

"Busy with what?" Cheryl asked.

"Nothing." I said.

"Is it your secret lover?" Toni asked.

"Her secret what?" Kevin asked. I sighed.

"Fuck all of you." I muttered.

"She's got a secret lover and I never knew?" Kevin asked. I looked at him.

"I'm pretty sure we've talked about it before." I told him.

"I probably wasn't paying enough attention." He said. I rolled my eyes and stood up.

I don't have a secret lover. Yes, I'm busy later, but you don't need to know what it is. And the bell is ringing right now." I said and the bell rung. "Bye guys!" And I walked off to class.

After school

I'm at my locker and Cheryl and Toni came upto me. I sighed and they just smiled.

"I'm not coming." I said.

"Come on!" Toni whined. I smiled and looked at her.

"No. I have to be somewhere after school." I said and started walking off. They followed.

"Veronica--" I cut Cheryl off. I turned and looked at them.

"Okay, Cheryl, if you want me to come over. Fine! I'm just going there with you two. I'll come later, okay?" I asked her. She sighed.

"Fine. Alright. See ya later." She said and they walked off. I walked out of school, too. I just stayed outside and waited for Jughead. He walked out and straight passed me.

"Hey!" I said and he turned and looked at me. He smiled.

"Oh, I thought you changed your mind. I saw you leave after your friends." He said. I shook my head.

"No, why would I do that?" I asked him.

"Well, you never came today." He said. I smiled.

"My friends were trying to get me to come over after school. I didn't want to. I also didn't want to you to think I changed my mind." I told him.

"Well, let's go." He said and lead me to a motorcycle.

"This is yours?" I asked and he nodded.

"Yeah, come on. Don't be scared." He said. I chuckled.

"I'm not scared." I said and he chuckled.

When we got to the trailer, he lead me inside and sighed. He looked at me.

"Sorry this is a huge downgrade then what you're probably used to." He said. I smiled and rolled my eyes. I walked over to him.

"This is perfect. I don't need anything to be big and fancy. All I need is you." I told him. He smiled.

"Really?" He asked.

"Yes! Truthfully." I said.

When ate and spent the rest of the night watching movies until we feel asleep. I fell asleep in his arms in the middle of a movie.