Twenty-nine

Tuesday
Jughead's POV

I love her. And that may be a bit too soon to say, but it's true. Holding her close to me Thursday night. Then, what happened Friday night. Everything I said was true. She is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I want to keep her close.

I went to school and waited for her. I don't know if I should expect her today. Most of the time I get my hopes up waiting for her, and then she doesn't come. It makes sense though. If she continually came everyday it would be too suspicious.

She didn't come today. Which wasn't a surprise. A about a month or so, she had a system type pattern where she would come ever other day. Once I caught on She changed it to, probably, just whever she felt like it. But to also not get caught.

I went through the first two classes, then third period. I watched as she walked in with her friend. She didn't look at me. Not even a glace. Normal.

Throughout the whole class she never looked at me. Not normal. I'm not gonna question it. Although, it does make me feel like I did something wrong. She didn't stay after class. That's also normal.

The whole day was normal. As normal as it could be at least.

After school, my classroom door opened. It was Veronica. I smiled at her. She just closed the door, looking down. I got up and walked around the desk. She kept looking down.

"Hey," I walked closer to her. "What's wrong?" I asked. She sighed slightly annoyed. Did I do something? She looked at me.

"One of my friends is questioning me." She said. I just looked at her for a second.

"What do you mean questioning you?" I asked. She looked a little apologetic.

"Yesterday. My friend came in. I- I don't know if she saw us hugging or anything. But since yesterday she's been looking at me weird. Again asking if I'm dating anyone or if my parents are back. Asking why I'm always other places." She said. Her parents. Why are her friends always asking about her parents?

"Okay, Veronica, why are your friends always talking about your parents?" I asked. She quickly looked to the side.

"It's nothing. But that's why I didn't come today. Because of my friend. I was wanting to, but she questioned me last night and then again this morning." She mumbled.

"What did she ask exactly?" I asked her.

"Really if I'm with anybody. And-" she trailed off.

"And what?" I asked.

"And she asked if I was dating a teacher." She sighed, leaning up against the wall. "You specifically."

"This was after she walked in yesterday?" I asked. She nodded. I sighed.

"Again! I'm sorry! She's just really smart and worried about me all the time! They all three are." She mumbled.

"I'm not blaming you. This is getting complicated." I muttered.

"I'm sorry," she said again. "I better go." She quickly turned to leave, but I stopped her. She looked back at me. I gave her a soft smile.

"Stop saying sorry. I have a few things to grade. Nobody will walk in. Stay." I said. Her lips curved into a small smile. "Stay."

"Okay," she said quietly.

We ended up talking longer than we intended. I locked the door just incase a janitor decided to come in. She got worried about it many times, but I had to reassure her many times that we were fine.

Her smile made me smile. Her laugh would make me laugh. She has this adorable little giggle. She is so beautiful. I love her so much, but I don't feel like I can tell her just yet. It doesn't feel like the right time. I had a small smile on my lips as she continues to tell me a story about her and her friends. I got up, walked over to her and kissed her. She seemed a little surprised by it, but she did kiss back. I slowly pulled away. She smiled, looking down for a few seconds then back at me.

"What was that for?" She asked. I chuckled.

"I haven't kissed you all day. I just needed to kiss you." I said. She smiled and bit her lip a little. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me again. She deepened the kiss. This is normal. Then, she started to tug at my shirt. I pulled away.

"What? Here?" I asked, slightly confused.

"Well, why not?" She asked.

"Well, we could go back to my trailer." I told her.

"Yeah, okay. Just as long as I get to spend time with you." She said.

"Come on." I said and we left.

I really want to say those three little words, but the timing. It just doesn't feel right. Not right now. We got to my trailer and I almost said it, but I stopped myself. I'm just so glad I'm able to hold her close to me. I don't care if her friends find out or anybody else. I just need her in my life. I'm glad she came into my life. I honestly didn't know who I was until I found her.