Fifty

A Week Later
Jughead's POV

"When can I leave?" Veronica had asked the doctor. He looked at her and she smiled at him.

"When will I finally be able to trust you?" He asked her. She sighed and looked away. I just sat to the side during their conversation.

"I'm sorry. Life is just so overwhleming. Especially growing up with my parents." She told him. She seems to really know him.

"I--" he stopped, looked at me then back at her. She nodded. "I know life and your parents are overwhelming, but it's not getting any easier." She looked at him not very impressed.

"Thanks for the information," she said sarcastically. He chuckled.

"We'll keep you here for another couple of days. You shouldn't even be in this room right now." He said.

"I know," he started leaving and she laughed a little. "Thanks for the reminder!"

"You two know each other well?" I asked her. She sighed and nodded. She got up and shut the door.

"Yeah, once of the reasons I'm here now is because who my parents called and the other reason is, uhh--" she started stuttering.

"Yeah, I know," I said.

"This was happening when I first came to town. I was struggling. I became friends with Betty and Archie. They helped that time. Then, Cheryl, Toni and Kevin. We created a big friend group together." She smiled and laughed a little. "Then, it happened again. Which was the first time they found out about my parents. They helped my then again. But that was more Cheryl, Toni, and Kevin. Then, over a few weeks ago my parents came back and everything happened, and I was hiding them, my friends, and I was hiding myself from you. I was scared and confused. Each time I got help, I got help here, and with the same doctor." She finished. I got up and wlaked over to her. I pulled her into my arms. She just smiled at me. "I wanna get out of here." She mumbled.

"I know, baby. I know." I said.

"I did this to myself. I know it. But I also have no where else to go when I get out." She said. I shook my head.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. You're staying with me when you get out. I convinced the principal that it would be hard for you to adjust in a family for only a few months. He also knew I was a teacher you were close to." I told her. I smiled a little and kissed her.