Fifty-two

A Week Later
Veronica's POV

I've been helping Archie for like a week. I know I should take him to like a rehab center, but he doesn't want to. I try telling him it would be easier and be can get the help he needs. He refuses. He only wants my help for some reason. I've checked the whole house. I do it everyday just to make sure. Including the little places he used to tell me where he hid things as a child. He watches me. And I make sure to pay attention to his facial expressions when I am just to see if he randomly gets nervous anxious. Jughead questions where I go after school, I tell him I'm just hanging out with friends. He doesn't need to know that I'm helping my ex with a drug addiction for my ex-boyfriend. Well, honestly, I think we're becoming friends again. We hangout at school sometimes. Kevin, Cheryl and Toni question that.

Anyway, after school I'm going to Archie's again, but first I have to go back to the trailer with Jughead. I was gonna finish some homework before I left. I'm just glad we are in our seventh period. School is almost over.

Once Jughead and I got back to the trailer, I sat at the table and pulled out some homework. He came up behind me and wrapped his arms around me. I smiled and kind of layed my head on his arm.

"Can this wait a little longer?" He asked. I smiled even more.

"What, why?" I asked him, already knowing the reason.

"Just please?" He asked. "You can do it later."

"No, I can't because I won't be here later. I'm going to be with the others later. Which is why I'm doing this now." I told him. He sighed and went to lean against the counter.

"How come you've been hanging out with your friends a lot recently?" He asked. I rolled my eyes.

"Because I couldn't leave the hospital for like two months, could I? I've only been oir for two weeks at least." I told him. He nodded.

"Right, I forgot." He mumbled. I laughed a little.

"Of course you did. You don't pay attention enough." I whispered and smiled a little to myself.

"Hey! I do listen. I just tend to forget a few things." He said. I looked at up at him, he was smiling.

"You're also not used to dealing with someone like me," I told him.

"Don't say that," he said.

"What, it's true! Don't say you've dealt with someone like me. I know you haven't." I said. He opened his mouth, but sighed. "That's what I thought."

"Veronica, that doesn't change anything. It's a learning experience if anything." He said. I looked at him again. "Its helped me understand so much more then I did before."

"Yeah, because I can't just take a few insults here and there." I said. He came over and wrapped his arms around me.

"You're just sensitive, baby. That's fine. It's okay to be sensitive." He said. I looked at him and started laughing. He now looked confused. "What? What is it?"

"Just you. You're sweet, Jug, but I--" I was cut off by my phone ringing. I sighed. "Hold on," it was Archie. Asking me when I was coming over. "I gotta go. My friends are wondering where I'm at." He nodded.

"Okay, when will you be back?" He asked.

"Umm, I'm not sure, but I'll tell you when I'm on my way." I told him. He nodded, gave me a small kiss and I left.

I got to Archie's and before I could open the door, he did. He was standing there and he looked great and so much better. He was the old him again.

"Uhh, come in." He said. I smiled at him and walked in. "I cleaned up a little more."

"I see that," I said. I turned back to look at him. "You seemed eager to have me here today. Why is that?" I asked him.

"I don't know. I just like having you around again I guess. As a friend, now." He said. I nodded and smiled again.

"Me too, Archie."

Since it was almost six he decided he wanted to make some food for us. I agreed and watched him a while. I also searched the house again. I'm just trying to be sure he wants to stay clean.

We finished eating and sat on his couch. He sighed and looked at me and I looked at him.

"Thank you, Veronica. For the help. I was just so lost and confused and broken that I had to find a way to cope I guess." He said. I nodded.

"I understand, Archie. I'm just glad you wanted help from someone." I said. He sighed.

"Veronica, I'm sorry for what Betty and I did. I was so stupid. And none of this started until after I lost you," I looked away for a second. "I just--" he stopped so I looked back at him.

"You just what, Archie?" I asked. He quickly kissed me. I was shocked, but mistakenly kissed back for a second. Barley a second. "Archie, what are you doing?"

"I I'm... I'm sor--" I cut him off.

"No, don't," I stood up. "I gotta go. And I quickly left.

I got back to the trailer and it was only seven. He just walked back up from the room. He saw me and chuckled.

"I didn't think you'd be back so early," he said.

"Me neither," I muttered.

"Hey, what's wrong, baby?" He asked. I shook my head.

"Uhh, nothing. I promise. I'm gonna go finish some homework." He nodded and I walked back to the room. I can't tell him what happened. How would I be able to? He'd get heartbroken and upset. I would've hurt him. My ex boyfriend kissed. He doesn't know I'm with somebody else. This is to difficult now.