Backstory

(Note: most of this chapter will take place in Sardonyx's POV, unless specified otherwise)

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER CONTAINS MANY SCENES OF UPSETTING IMAGERY, INCLUDING A HORRIFYING TRANSFORMATION, SAD GOODBYES, DEATH, AND AS SUCH, VIEWER DISCRETION IS ADVISED.

Sardonyx's change was, to her, a horrifying experience. But she knew that a person is still a person, even if they are very tall.

So... it all began about a few years ago. I lived in a beautiful home in the countryside of London... oh, how I wish I could've stayed...

I was well educated. I had managed to skip the third and fourth grade because of my smarts. Imagine that, I was just 8 years old and in fifth grade! And by the time I was 15, I managed to earn my high school diploma early. For my college major, I chose 2 years of math, since that was my favorite subject. It seemed a little awkward at first. I mean, a 15 year old in university grounds must've been a sight to behold!

But one day, after I graduated from university, me and my family were on a camping trip. Oh, I remember them. They were my mom, dad and.. well, me. Just the three of us in the great outdoors... our only company being each other, and the wonderful woodland animals. But little did I know this would be the worst turn of events in my life.

(Present) Sardonyx looked down at Steven. "Darling, take a look at me. I want you to guess what changed me."

"I don't understand. Are you an alien?" Sardonyx chuckled at his answer. "No. See... I used to be like you."

"Used to? So you weren't always this big?" Steven held one of her hands as she looked at him, being ready to comfort her if she needed. "N-No. I was not always a freak of nature. For one, I was definitely smaller." Sardonyx looked at her extra arms. "I originally had just two arms, and the same with my eyes.", Sardonyx continued, staring at her reflection in the window.

"My skin used to be normal too, but it changed, and... as sad as I am to say it, that's most likely the reason I'm left out."

"My hair also was a sort of brown shade, and as for my outfit... my usual clothes were a pink tank top and cargo shorts. You probably would've liked to see me like that, but, unfortunately, I can never get back to my original- oh! Maybe I could draw it for you." She reaches for the drawing pens that Steven gave her to occupy her with while he was at school. She drew a very detailed girl.

"Wow, that's a pretty cute girl

"Wow, that's a pretty cute girl." Sardonyx giggled. "Steven, it's me!", she stated, blushing. "It is?", he asked. Sardonyx sighed. "Long story short, yes."

London, 2007
All was quiet in the house. Sardonyx was getting ready to go camping.

"Sardonyx! It's time to go!", her mother called. Sardonyx walked downstairs with her duffel bag full of camping things. "Okay Mom, I'm ready!"

"Do you have everything? Bug spray? Swimsuit? Nature guide?" Sardonyx giggled. "Yes, it's all in there. Did you remember the camera?"

When they arrived, Sardonyx turned to her parents. "I'm going to go into the woods for a walk, see you later!", she called to her parents. "See you soon!", they called back as she walked into the woods.