Wedding Crashed

Sardonyx arrived at Steven's house. "Did you enjoy your birthday, darling?", she asked him almost immediately after getting there. Steven took off his party hat. "Yeah. It was pretty great." Sardonyx decided to tell him. "So, I got an answer from Sabina. She said yes!", Sardonyx told him before hugging him. Steven smiled. "It's amazing! And to think just a few days ago, you were considered freakish?", he joked.

Sardonyx rolled her eyes. "Oh, you don't need to flatter me... I know how far I've come...", she uttered before she yawned. "Hm, it is rather late, don't you agree?" Steven nodded in agreement. "You know... I think tomorrow may change my life. I don't know why, but... I guess it will."

It sure will...

Sardonyx lifted the child in her hands to his bedroom window. "I'll see you tomorrow morning, darling!"

When he woke up the following day, he walked downstairs. Steven poured himself some cereal and watched the news.

"Our top story, Beach City's own Sardonyx will be getting married to Beach City Junior High principal Sabina M. After being together for just a month, Sardonyx proposed at sunset, to which Sabina said yes. The ceremony will occur today at 5, invite only. All schools have been given a week off to celebrate. The honeymoon has not been set, but it has been speculated to be in London, the home country of Sardonyx."

"In other important news, a gun has been stolen from Al's Guns, a local gun shop. The owner, Al Harrington says that slowly rising criminal Ronaldo Fryman broke into his shop last night at about 2:00 AM, stealing a pump action shotgun and eight rounds of ammo. This may or may not be linked to Sardonyx's wedding, as just yesterday, a witness saw him harassing her just as she was about to propose."

Steven walked out back. "Hey, Sardonyx?" Sardonyx looked down. "Why, good morning darling! I hope today's going to be one of the downright happiest moments of your life! And... my life as well. Anyways, what brings you out here?"

"I was watching the news, and I heard Ronaldo stole a gun."

"Oh my. I'm sure he can't possibly hurt us. And if he tries anything, remember, I'm bigger than him."

Steven felt nervous still. "Alright, but as they say, the bigger they are, the harder they fall." Sardonyx sighed as she brought him to eye level. "Steven. I assure you. Nothing will go wrong today. Nothing can spoil the mood of this wonderful occasion. Why don't you go get my soon-to-be wife?"

They were getting the backyard setup for the wedding. They had made Steven priest, and they had arranged a week off school, so that Sabina could be married, and have time to spend with her newlywed wife.

After changing into her tuxedo and finishing her morning coffee, Sabina heard a knock at her front door. It was Steven. "You ready for your big day?"

"Yes, does Sardonyx need any help getting ready?"

Steven pointed to the covered woodland area. "Not really, but maybe you should check with her." She entered.

Sardonyx was just finishing with her dress. "There, it should be perfect."

Sardonyx turned to Sabina, allowing her a good look at the dress. "So, how do I look?", she asked, kneeling down to eye level. "Amazing. You know, I still can't pick just one word to describe you. Kind, smart, funny..."

Sardonyx giggled. "Cute?" Sabina nodded as Pearl walked in. "Everything's all set. Sardonyx, you okay?"

"Yes Pearl. Just... what if Steven's right? What if something does go wrong? I must have really worried him there a while ago."

"Sard, every bride feels that way on their big day." Pearl gasped when she realized she had said big day. "I-I'm sorry, Sardonyx, I completely-" She laughed. "No, it's okay Pearl, it's a simple mistake."