House Call

At about 7:30, the doctor arrived. She walked in and shook Sabina's hand. "Now, where's the patient?"

Sardonyx was currently beginning to fall asleep. When Dr. Maheswaran walked in, she woke. "Sorry if I disturbed you. I'm Dr. Maheswaran."

"Oh, pleasure you meet you...", Sardonyx greeted, reaching out to shake her hand. They shook hands, and the doctor reached into her bag. "Okay, I need to check your temperature first."

After a checkup, Mrs. Maheswaran concluded Sardonyx was not suffering from a fever any longer.

"Now, since it is cold and flu season, I highly recommend you get a shot. The process is q-"

Sabina walked in. "Oh, am I... interrupting something...?", she asked. Mrs. Maheswaran set the needle down. "Oh, no. I'm just giving Sardonyx a flu shot. It's for cold and flu season."

They looked to see Sardonyx beginning to tense up. "I can't be shot... no..."

Sabina explained. "She got shot at our wedding. She's afraid of shots, I think."

She turned to her wife, holding her hand. "It's alright. It's quick and painless. Just look at me and take deep breaths."

Sardonyx took deep breaths as Sabina instructed, and she didn't feel a thing. "Okay, I'm ready.", Sardonyx said. Looking over, she saw Dr. Maheswaran pack her things. "Ready for what? The treatment is over.", she said, giggling. "It's a pleasure to help you.", she said leaving.

Sardonyx smiled. "Wow... it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be..."

Steven walked in with a basket of fries, and a grilled cheese. "Mom made these for you, we heard you were sick."

Sabina chuckled. "She just made a perfect full recovery. Still, nice gift."

Steven put the basket next to her, and noticed she was asleep. "She kinda looks cute when she sleeps...", Sabina whispered.