Play Ball

Sardonyx was watching some TV with Steven and Sabina walked in with the mail. "I got a letter from the ballpark. You were selected to throw the first three pitches of the season!"

Sardonyx was overjoyed. But at the same time, slightly nervous. She hasn't really played sports before. "Great! But... what about finding Ronaldo?"

"We were given a vacation... try and enjoy it, we'll find Ronaldo if we spot him."

When they got to the park, the fans were packing the stands. Steven, Sardonyx, and Sabina got a special row reserved for the occasion. When Sardonyx was ready to pitch, she went onto the pitcher's mound. The crowd of wild fans cheered her on. Just like riding a bike, she thought as she threw the first ball.

STRIKE ONE!

Great...! I just need two more...

STRIKE TWO!

This is it... just need to... wait... what if something goes wrong? No, it won't, just need to think positive... but what if I cause the batter to get hit...?!? What if I throw too far, and it hits some poor fan... I need to throw... they need me to... they need me... they need me... they...

Sardonyx dropped to her knees and began to cry. Sabina was confused, but Steven was even more confused than her. Sabina approached. "Babe..."

"It's nothing, I'm fine...", Sardonyx quickly lied. "No, you aren't fine, you were crying. Please... tell me."

"I'm afraid I'm going to mess this up... like I did everything else...

"What?!?"

"Don't be surprised... I messed up your school, your job, our wedding... everything."

"You didn't. They all were... just... accidents. You didn't cause any of them."

Sardonyx sighed and smiled a bit. "Well, alright..."

Suddenly, the Kiss Cam was pointed at them. "Babe..."

Sabina kisses her on the forehead. "A little lower if you do it."

Sardonyx began to prepare for her last pitch. She threw and....

...

STRIKE THREE!

When they got to the room, Sabina stopped Sard before Sardonyx entered the bathroom. "Forgot to give this."

She kissed her right on the lips. "Enjoy your bath, Sardonyx."

Sardonyx blushed as she began to get into her bath. Truly, her vacation was getting perfect.