22: journey to regionals

Dad had invited everyone in the Glee Club to our apartment because he wanted to start a new tradition, that every year we'd meet up and discuss the setlist for Regionals because it gave us an excuse to eat loads of pizza and he'd hear suggestions ...

Dad had invited everyone in the Glee Club to our apartment because he wanted to start a new tradition, that every year we'd meet up and discuss the setlist for Regionals because it gave us an excuse to eat loads of pizza and he'd hear suggestions from everyone so that they could have their say in what songs we'd sing at the competition.

"No one wants any pizza?" The students just stared into space as I shrugged my shoulders at my Dad, not sure why the atmosphere was so bleak. "Okay, let's get started. Thank you for coming to the first annual New Directions' Regionals' setlist nomination party."

"What's the point, Mr Schue? Coach Sylvester's one of the judges, she's going to crush us."

"You don't know that." He argued back but it seemed like everyone else thought otherwise.

"Yes, we do, she told us at Cheerio's practise."

Brittany nodded. "Yeah, she said: I'm going to crush Glee Club."

"A whole freaking year." Puck leaned back on the sofa. "All that hard work for nothing."

We all looked over to see Tina sniffling at the wasted effort from everyone. "I'm sorry, I just really love you guys. I can't believe it's going to be over in a week."

"Wait, who says it's going to be over?" I questioned, not wanting them to lose hope that we were going to lose because we didn't know that.

Mercedes rolled her eyes at me. "Please, do you think Puck or Santana are going to even acknowledge my existence once we're not in Glee Club together?"

"She has a point."

"Mr Schuester, do you think instead of nominating songs we can just go around the room and talk about things we loved about Glee Club?" Rachel asked, getting upset as well, it seemed like all hope was lost because New Directions believed that they were not going to win.

**

Weirdly, our daily drive to school felt different as we sat silently in our usual places

Weirdly, our daily drive to school felt different as we sat silently in our usual places. It wasn't that we had argued or that we were worried about anything, but there was this unusual silence that filled up the car and I didn't like it. Dad was nervous about what would happen if the Glee Club didn't win at Regionals but I didn't know what to feel. I was anxious about Coach Sylvester being one of the judges but I had the Cheerio's to fall back on if something went wrong.