26: duets

Dad entered the choir room late, none of us had known where he had gone because he didn't tell me that the plans were different but whatever had happened couldn't have been good because he didn't look very happy

Dad entered the choir room late, none of us had known where he had gone because he didn't tell me that the plans were different but whatever had happened couldn't have been good because he didn't look very happy. He came out of his office and stood in the centre of the room which meant that he had an announcement to make.

"Bad news guys, Puckerman's in Juvey." He announced and we all gasped.

"It really was just a matter of time."

"What did he do?" Quinn questioned, twirling her pen in her hands.

"He drove his Mom's Volvo through the front of a convenience store and drove off with the ATM."

Rachel raised her hand. "And when is he getting out?"

"Unknown." Dad shook his head, worried about his student and we all couldn't believe that the inevitable had actually happened.

"He might be the dumbest person on this planet, and that's coming from me." Brittany laughed, shoving my shoulder gently to make me laugh.

"Guys, let's have some sympathy."

"No, we need his voice and his bad boy stage presence." Finn said angrily, he was worried about his best friend and what would happen if he wasn't back for competition season.

"We can't look at this as a crisis, it's an opportunity."

"For what? Further embarrassment and humiliation?"

Dad smiled, and pointed towards the door. "For welcoming our new member, Sam Evans!"

I joined the other members of the Glee Club, applauding the newest member of the club as he walked over to my Dad. I couldn't help but smile when I saw him, he looked nervous because of how many people were watching him but he knew that sooner or later they'd all be his friends so he tried to come across cooler than he actually was.

"Hey everybody I'm Sam. Sam, I am and I don't like green eggs and ham."

"Oh wow, he has no game." Santana sighed, making him even more nervous.

"Okay this is going to be great; you're not going to regret joining us Sam."

"Why did you join?"

Finn stood up from his seat and put his arm around Sam's shoulders. "It's obviously because I'm quarterback again, he idolises me, I told you."

"Actually, Liv convinced me to give it a go." Sam smiled as he moved away from Finn. "She said the people in this room make the slushies worth it."

"And she's right." Dad said making his way to the white board as Sam took the seat next to me. "Okay, question for the group, what's a duet?"

"A blanket." Brittany answered confidently.

"A duet is when two voices join to become one. Great duets are like a great marriage. The singers complement each other, push each other to be better. This week I want you to pair up and sing a duet. And since you guys all seemed to like our little 'Defying Gravity' diva-off. I'm making this a competition."