103: loser like me

For the last six months, my life has been pretty much perfect

For the last six months, my life has been pretty much perfect. After Rachel's big opening night, I went back to Lima to meet my little brother Daniel and then headed to California to go back to school. My first year of college was great, I was top of the class and enjoying every second of being in Stanford. But I realised that California wasn't where I wanted to live, so, I was coming back to Ohio for the second part of my degree. Part of the degree is to take a year of work experience somewhere, so that I could train to become a teacher and luckily for me, I had already organised my work experience back at McKinley High School.

After sending Sue several emails and bombarding her account with pleas to allow me to come back, she had begrudgingly agreed. So, for my second year of college, I was completing work experience as the new Coach of the Cheerio's and I was really excited. Not only would I be able to live back at home, spending more time with my Dad, Emma and baby Daniel; but I would also be able to get back into the sport that I loved and see the members of the Glee Club that didn't graduate.

Another really exciting part of my life, was my relationship with Sam. Despite us breaking up at graduation because I didn't think we could last in a long-distance relationship; we had gotten back together for Rachel's opening night and have been together ever since. After achieving his dream of being a male model on the side of a bus, Sam had returned to Lima, where he began helping Coach Beiste with the football team. Our relationship was perfect, and I'd even convinced Dad to let him move into the apartment with us so that he could feel more like our family.

However, things weren't great for our friends. Due to literally living on top of each other and never spending a minute apart, Kurt and Blaine had called off their engagement and had gone their separate ways. When talking to a heartbroken Blaine on the phone, it seemed like the breakup was more Kurt's idea and he had no idea what he had done wrong. This heartbreak, ended with Blaine flunking out of NYADA and now he was also back in Lima, coaching the Warblers. Kurt was the only member of the Glee Club, still living in New York and completing his degree in NYADA but we all knew that it was only a matter of time before he got too lonely and came back to McKinley too.

Then there was Rachel, who had quit her Broadway dreams in Funny Girl when she was offered the chance to create her own television show. But it seemed as though it was the wrong decision to make because the show flopped and was dropped from production. Now she was lost, not knowing what she was going to do next because she had lost the show, lost Broadway and lost NYADA. There were rumours about her coming back to Lima but I hadn't seen her yet.

Walking through the corridors of my old high school was weird, especially since only one year had passed since I was a student here myself; but what was really weird was how much Sue had changed everything. At the main entrance there were weighing scales, to fat shame students that may not have met the healthy weight for their age. She regularly released hounds down the corridor to scare students and she had changed the choir room into a computer lab; which just felt wrong. I wasn't heading to the choir room though; I was heading to the gym because it was my first day as the new Coach of the Cheerio's and I couldn't wait to see a certain Cheerio in particular.