twenty-one.

We all stood in the lab Tony sitting at the table with an IV and blood hanging on a pole behind him, his face hollow as he stared in front of him

We all stood in the lab Tony sitting at the table with an IV and blood hanging on a pole behind him, his face hollow as he stared in front of him. As always the table had projections hovering around it, but this time it was of people on the Avengers who were either missing or dusted with the snap. My eyes darted from picture to picture as one of Peter changed to Wanda, flickering between everyone we know who hasn't been accounted for up until today.

I leaned against the wall, Steve standing in front of me a little bit with his hands pushed in his pockets, his jaw clenched much like mines. "World governments are in pieces" Natasha said with her hand on the screen in front of her, changing the projections once Tony had gotten a chance to look over them. "The parts that are still working are trying to take a census, and it looks like he did exactly what he said he was gonna do" she continued, taking her hand off as all the holograms disappeared, Tony looking up at her.

I watched every move he had made since he got here. His brittle legs barely stable as he walked on solid ground to the first time in a few weeks, his skin was pale and dead as he was dangerously skinny that he may snap if he stood up too quickly. "Thanos wiped out fifty percent, of all living creatures" Natasha said as I let out a small breath, crossing my arms as I swept my eyes around the room quickly.

Thor sat the corner of the room, his hands clasped together as he stared ahead of himself like he always seemed to do. Carol and Rhodey were standing at the side of the table, the later watching Tony cautiously incase he decided to give up. Rocket was sitting up on a metal table that had parts of machinery sprawled over it, only having come once he heard that his ship was back safely on earth.

"Where is he now? Where?" Tony asked, holding his hand out in front of him as he pushed the sandwich away from himself, Pepper having made it for him. "We don't know" Steve replied, shrugging his shoulders quickly as Tony looked over at me. "He just opened a portal and walked through" I told him as he nodded his head, sighing as his eyes drifted to look at Thor, who isn't seem to notice Tony staring at him. "What's wrong with him?" Tony asked, pointing over at Thor as we all turned to look at him as well, no one wanting to say anything about the god.

"He's pissed, he thinks he failed" Rocket said as Tony turned around to look at him quickly, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion. "Which he did, but you know here's a lot of that going around, ain't there?" Rocket finished, looking over at Tony who turned back around and looked at the rest of us quickly. "Honestly, until this exact second, I thought you were a Build-A-Bear" Tony remarked quickly as he pointed at Rocket, blinking a few times as the raccoon stared back at him. "Maybe I am" Rocket replied defensively as Tony turned back around with raised eyebrows.

"We've been hunting Thanos for three weeks now" I said, trying to tear the tension in the room, which didn't work as well as I hoped it would as everyone stared at me. "Deep Space scans, and satellites, and we got nothing" I added as I looked over at Tony, who had his head tilted to the side as he kept his eyes on me. "Tony, you fought him" Steve said as he let out a sigh, Tony turning his head and eyes towards him. "Who told you that?" Tony asked quickly, a small smile on his face as he let out a sarcastic chuckle.