twenty-three.

I held my suit in my hands, folded in a beat pile with my booths balancing on top of them

I held my suit in my hands, folded in a beat pile with my booths balancing on top of them. I stood in front of Steve's mission prep door, balancing the suit in one of my hands as I lifted my hand, knocking on the door quickly. I did wait for a reply as I pushed it open with my hip, standing in these door way and looking over at Steve. "Hello" I said to him as I walked into the room, letting the door close behind me as he looked over at me.

"Can I help?" Steve asked as he stood in his suit pants, not wearing a top as he stood at his prep station. I looked down at his pants and I could tell from the dark colour of them that it was his old 2014 suit, which he had worn when SHIELD had fallen. "I'm getting ready in here" I said to him with a shrug as I set my suit on the bench in the middle of the room, straightening up as I smiled at him. "You have your own room" he said to me as I nodded my head, shrugging my shoulders as I leaned down, pulling my combat boots off my feet, which was a lot more difficult than it should have been.

"Yeah I know" I said to him with a shrug as I pulled off my pants, throwing them into the laundry basket that was pushed into the corner. I looked up at Steve who was looking at me cautiously, not having moved as his cheeks flushed, purposely avoiding his eyes from me. "Get over yourself" I said to him with a smirk, grabbing my padded mission pants as I shook them out, still stiff from the last cleaning they had gone through when we came back from Wakanda.

"Why have you invaded my room?" he asked me as he grabbed out the top of his suit, pulling it off of the hanger as he just threw it into the wardrobe. "I never liked getting ready by myself" I said with a shrug as I pushed my feet into my pants, which was like trying to pull on a pair of wet jeans, having to shimmy into them to get both feet through the pant holes. "It's too quiet" I said to him as I jumped up and down a few times, heaving up my pants as Steve pulled on his top, having to push his head through the hole forcefully as he messed up his hair.

"It's gives me time to think" he said to me as he clipped in the bottom of the top into the small claps that were at the top of his pants, holding it all in place during a fight. "Exactly and I don't like thinking" I said to him as I sucked in my stomach, zipping up my pants as I let out the breath. "Are you ready?" I asked him, looking over at him as he fixed his belt into place, nodding his head slowly. "Why wouldn't I be?" he asked as I pulled my t-shirt off, grabbing the long sleeved black t-shirt hirt as I pulled it over my head in one swift movement.

"There's a lot of stakes on this, Steve" I said to him as we looked at each other for a moment, neither of us moving as he nodded his head. "What happens after?" I asked him quietly as he looked over at me, resting his hands on his belt as he rubbed his lips together quickly. "If we can do it?" he replied, my hands quickly tucking my shirt into my right pants as I tilted my head to the side. "If we can't" I said to him as he let out a small sigh, parting his lips as he thought about what to say.

"We'll figure it out" he told me, nodding his head reassuringly as I stared at him, hoping that he was right. "We always do" he said as I nodded my head back at him, letting out a sigh as I pulled my hair out of my ponytail. I was hoping if he was right, considering I had been waiting for this exact moment for the past few weeks. I was hoping that we could do it, bring everyone back, but I had never thought about what would happen if we can't.

"Do you have a hairbrush?" I asked him as I pushed my hair elastic onto my wrist, my hair way to messy to wear down today. "No?" he said as he pulled his boots out of the wardrobe, furrowing his eyebrows at me as if I should have known the answer to that one before I even asked. "Of course you don't" I replied as I sighed, turning back around and pulling the door open, moving back to my room to grab my hairbrush in my bare feet.

——

A/N: so this chapter is a little short and not very good but I needed to put something in there to break it up before they went up into space, which i'm honestly super excited about writing because that should be really fun!
please do not forget to vote and comment and I will see you all again soon

A/N: so this chapter is a little short and not very good but I needed to put something in there to break it up before they went up into space, which i'm honestly super excited about writing because that should be really fun! please do not forget t...