twenty.

I walked through the halls as quickly as I could, Steve chasing along at my heels

I walked through the halls as quickly as I could, Steve chasing along at my heels. My sneakers smacked against the floor as I pressed my hand and thumb into panel after panel. I kept pushing through door after door as the lights over head flickered on at the movement of the pair of us. We moved into the long bridge that sat over the large main entrance hall, Natasha standing clinging onto the railing as she turned to look at us.

"Why is there an earthquake?" Natasha said as she looked at us from the other end of the hall as we ran towards her. "Come on" I said to her in passing, making her follow along next to Steve as he looked over at her. "We think it's him" he told her as she looked back at me quickly before turning back to the blonde. "Which him?" she asked quickly, her eyes widening as I realised the thought that Thanos had paid us a visit was her first thought.

"Tony" Steve clarified quickly as Nat let out a small sigh as she nodded her head quickly. "Oh okay, I'll come too" she told the two of us as she moved a little bit faster now. We ran down a flight of stairs quickly as we came out onto a long hallway, the three of us staying silent as we moved quickly to the outside. We came to the door that led out onto the green, Bruce and Rhodey running through it as it opened up for them. The three of us followed after them as the blinding light underneath the large ship slowly made its way onto the ground. We walked over slowly, being cautious as I squinted my eyes as I watched. I realised that the light coming from under the belly of the ship was actually Carol, her energy flowing as her feet landed safely on the grass.

The landing gear deploy as the touch the ground, Carol turning back towards the ship as she lost her glow. The back landing gear slowly cracked open as a set of metal stairs popped out from the back of the jet. "This was what you wanted right?" Carol asked as she cracked her knuckles quickly as I held my breath for a moment. I watched as a foot slowly came out of the ship, Tony coming into view and a new figure by his side.

It was a blue type human figure, except from the fact that certain parts of its body were made of metal, but it's not the strangest thing I've ever seen. Tony clung onto them as he stumbled out of the ship, his face hollow and his arms scarily thin as he took in a deep breath of the air. I let out a shaky breath as I looked over at Steve for a moment, an instant wave of relief hitting him in the face as he started running over. I followed after him as Steve grabbed onto Tony's arms as he helped him down from the ship.

Carol walked over to Natasha as Tony grabbed onto Steve's arms tightly, gripping onto him as the two men stared at each other. "I couldn't stop him" Tony said to Steve as he shook his head, the blanket that was wrapped around his shoulders slipping down. "Neither could I" Steve said to him quietly as Tony sighed, his hand squeezing Steve's bicep as he looked defeated. "I lost the kid" Tony said to him as he swallowed quickly, looking over at me as he shook his head quickly.

We had documented Peter Parker as missing lately, and the thought of him in space with Tony didn't even cross my mind, but now we knew what had happened to him. "Is uh" Tony started as he looked past Steve to Nat, Bruce and Rhodey, the latter making his way over. "No, Pepper is alive" I said to him quickly as he let out a sigh, closing his eyes as she nodded his head. "She's doing just fine" I told him as I walked over to the two of them and setting my hand out in front of me.

Tony stared at me for a moment as he looked down at me hand quickly, taking his hand off of Steve's arm. He put his hand in mines as I held it, squeezing it lightly as I nodded my head at him quickly. "Come on, I'll give her a call and you can talk to her" I said to him as he nodded his head at me, the idea of being able to talk to Pepper enough for him to take my arm as we all guided back into the building, but just at a much slower pace.

——

A/N: HES BACKKKK and i'm excited for the story to finally get kicked off of the ground
I don't have much to say so I hope you are all doing just fine right now
please do not forget to vote and comment and I will see you all soon

A/N: HES BACKKKK and i'm excited for the story to finally get kicked off of the ground I don't have much to say so I hope you are all doing just fine right now please do not forget to vote and comment and I will see you all soon