Chapter 19~No pressure

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
He sighs and pulls out a paper.

"This is gonna be a bad time to ask this but..." he slides the paper over to me.

I looked at it and read the first bit.

Veronica flor (Varrow): Age: 15

Missions completed: 0

I sighed.

"Veronica you have been training here for months especially with the best of the best so I decided you should go on your first mission," he says as he clasps his hands.

"Now either Ashley or Jasmine will help you since the others also have things of their own to do," he says.

I nodded.

"What is my first mission," I asked curiously.

He smiles and shows me a picture of a guy with a huge scar on his right eye.

"This will be your target Cole Bates he has been selling information about the White Houses' top secret information and selling it to other countries," he says as he shook his head.

"Currently he's been hiding out in a secret underground base and we have a chance to ambush him".

I gulped.

"Is this the only chance to ambush him? I asked.

He nods.

"Then why are you giving it to me? If this is my first mission??" I asked confused.

"Pressure does good for you it makes you more alert and focus".

I gave him a look and he chuckled.

"Thank you, Ivan," I said with a smile.

He smiled back then the door opened and Alex peeked in.

"Are you guys done?" They asked.

Ivan looks at me.

"Yeah, we are," I say to them.

Alex walks in and hugs me. They are really warm so I hugged them back then they sat on Ivan's lap. Ivan then kissed Alex on their neck and I immediately leave. I closed the door and went to the clinic to see Mimi. When I got there she wasn't there.

"Oh dear you just missed her she went home," says the doctor.

"Oh..thank you".

I left and decided to box for a bit. I wanted to train so I could do well on my mission I didn't want to screw this up. I punched the punching bag and Grant's face popped into my head and I punched the bag hard and it fell off the hook and made a loud thud. Everyone turned to look at me with shock.

How was I able to punch that thing off the hook..I question everything that I was doing at that moment. I slowly walked away as people kept staring well this was embarrassing. I sighed and went back outside just to shoot arrows at random things. I rubbed my eyes as I was getting tired then Royal came out to see what I was doing and she saw that I was half asleep.

"Hey Veronica whatcha doing??" She says loudly.

I got scared and almost hit her.

"Holy shit!!," she says as she ducked.

Then she tried to kick under my feet but I was able to dodge it and was able to hit her leg which made her fall but she got back up and she was fast. She kicked me right in the back and I fell but I knew I had to get back up so I did and we continued fighting and I was able to kick Royal down.

"Damn you're getting good," she says as she got back up.

"Are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

She pats her stomach.

"We're okay," she says with a laugh.

We went inside and sat down for a while.

"Alright V let's go home," Royal says as she stretches.

I nodded and went to go change. I came back to see Royal asleep on the chair and I laughed and tried to wake her up but she kicked me.

"Ow," I grumbled.

She gets up.

"That's what you get for kicking my ass earlier" she laughs.

I rolled my eyes then we got our stuff and went to the entrance but then she stops.

"Oh yeah Ivan called you into his office right?" She asks.

I nodded.

"What did he say?".

I told her and her eyes widened.

"WHAT!!!" She yelled.

Then she walked out and I followed her.

"B-But are you ready for it???" She says worriedly.

I nodded and she calmed down.

"Alright...".

She was about to walk to her motorcycle until.

"Nadia...".

She turned around and her eyes widened.

"...Parker...".