Chapter 53~ Therapy session

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Dr. Lee helped us both to the couch and got us an ice pack.

"Are you both okay?" She asked concerned.

"My head hurts," I said.

"I'm fine," Abby said tiredly.

"How did you guys even fall??".

We looked at each other..we didn't even know how We fell.

"I don't know," I said confused.

"Me either.." Abby said.

Dr. Lee giggled.

"Are you ready to talk?" she asks gently.

I thought about it...I sighed and nodded.

"I'll get out of your way," Abby says as she gets up and walks towards the stairs.

She stops.

"Nope, I'm taking the elevator".

We laughed and she left.

"Okay ready when you are.." she says as she crossed her legs.

I sighed and took a deep breath then I began telling her how I felt, how tired I was, stressed, depressed, and scared. Then I began crying I don't know...I know I'm supposed to be strong since I'm an agent I'm supposed to be able to handle it but..I can't..it's too hard.

My life has been going downhill since day one literally..I just want to be happy for once..I know I should be happy that the others took me in and saved me from my so-called parents and I should be grateful but sometimes I wish I was never born..maybe then I wouldn't be a burden to everyone.

I stopped and began having panic attack..I couldn't breathe!! Dr. Lee slowly came up to me.

"Breathe in and out.." she says gently.

I did what she said but it wasn't working.

"Let's try some breathing practices..".

I slowly started to feel better.

"Are you alright.." she says gently.

I nodded. This is why I like Dr. Lee she's so calm and gentle. She wrote some things down.

"Alright is anyone here?" She asks.

"Besides Abby no," I said curiously.

She sighs.

"Veronica..from what I hear you're having severe stress and anxiety," she says calmly.

I don't know why but I began crying all over again..more medication..more money being wasted...being a burden.

"Veronica the others love you..you are not a burden".

I looked at her shocked.

"How did you-".

"I can tell from what you were telling me.." she says quietly.

I looked down.

"May I?" She says.

She wanted to hug me and I allowed it.

"Stress is hard to deal with especially at your age..I can't imagine what you've been through..with your adopted parents..finding out about your mom..finding your dad..going to school..being an agent.." she sighs.

"It must be tough...".

I nodded.

"Here let's try something".

We did some physical therapy from what she says it helps reduce stress it was like getting a massage.

"Now one question".

I looked at her.

"Are you having trouble sleeping?".

I nodded.

"I've had weird dreams about my childhood.." I said quietly.

She looked at me curiously so I began telling her about that kid I keep seeing.

"Hm when did you start having these dreams".

"Since I started school".

"Hm are you having problems at school..or with anyone?" She asks.

"Yes, I've got into a fight with four students and a girl that is getting on my last good nerve".

We both laughed.

"Hm, I see..well maybe there's someone that's triggering your childhood memories," she says.

"What?" I said confused.

"Did your foster parents have any kids besides you?".

I shook my head.

"They couldn't have one from what I remember," I said confused.

"Hm.." she says in deep thought.

"Well let's try this..when you have those dreams remember them or write them down and then we'll try and figure them out okay," she says calmly.

I nodded she looks at her watch.

"Times almost up anything else you want to tell me?" She says.

I sighed and nodded.

"I worried about Ashley and Nadia...what if we never see them again...what if something bad happens to Jasmine or Alina...what if they are dead right now and we'll never know or what if-".

She places her hand on top of mine.

"Veronica stop with the negative "what if's" they are making you stress even more..I know it's hard and believe me..I feel it too.. instead try the positive "what ifs"." She says gently.

I sighed she looks at her watch.

"It's time for me to go..I have another patient.." she says as she stood.

We walked towards the door.

"Remember those breathing exercises and I'll talk to the others about prescribing you sleeping pills so they can help you sleep".

I nod and she reaches for the handle but stops and waits.

"Is something wrong?" I asked curiously.

"...I was waiting for Ashley to jump on me but I forgot..".

She turns around and smiles at me.

"Goodbye Veronica".

I waved goodbye and she left. I closed the door and fell to ground...I really wanted a break...I went into the elevator then to my room.

Then I passed out on the floor...again.