Chapter 72~ Yeah...Happy birthday to me..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We all ducked down as the shots rang out. I looked towards Ivan who pulled out his phone as he called for backup. I heard everyone scream and I looked around until I met Naya's eyes as she got shot in her stomach and she fell to the floor. I looked towards Inez as she was shielding Agnes but got shot in her arm and she screamed in pain as Agnes had a look of horror on her face as a bullet hit her right in her chest and she fell to the ground.

I started to panic and crawled around trying to get closer to them when we heard a tic sound I looked around and saw a bomb that was ticking down.

"THERES A BOMB RUN!!" I yelled.

I got up and ran as the bomb went off and turned out it was a smoke bomb and it made it harder to see. I looked around trying to find the others then I heard more screams I started to run but then tripped I turned to see Avery and Julian on the floor with a bullet in their legs. I got up and ran and tried to look for the others but I couldn't find Amelie, Axel, or Abby I began to panic and kept running until I found Amelie crouched in the corner curled up into a ball.

"Amelie are you shot??" I asked in a panic.

She shakily says no so I picked her up and ran as the shots kept coming I placed her in the safe room and kept looking for the others but then I noticed it stop..the shooting stopped. I looked around trying to hear something but all I could hear were the moans from the others then the sounds of sirens getting louder and louder. The door was kicked to the ground as people entered the house and I stood there with blood dripping from my hands...Ivan talked to the officers and bribe them to keep this under wraps then he walked over to me.

I flinched as Ivan touched my shoulder.

"Veronica.." Ivan says quietly.

But I didn't hear him I just kept looking at everyone who was on the floor bleeding and fighting for their lives..then shots rang out and I flinched.

"It's okay it's just our Agents taking care of those scumbags.." Ivan said gently.

More people came into the house and took care of the others and cleaned up the place. I stood there shaking..I looked around trying to find Abby until one of the paramedics came over with a gurney and Abby was on it..I saw that she was shot on the stomach, arm and leg.

"Abby..." I said quietly.

No response and the paramedics took her away. I watched as they took everyone away.. then a paramedic came up the stairs with a sleeping Amelie I'm guessing they had to sedate her because she was kicking and screaming whenever someone would touch her..then I saw Axel he was shot in his stomach and my heart dropped..they wheeled him away as I stood there not being able to move or talk.

Ivan then had to pick me up so we could go to the hospital but on the ride there it was silent. Ivan kept glancing at me from time to time and he would try to talk to me but I wouldn't respond. I just sat there motionless. We arrived at the hospital as their parents were already there frantically yelling at the doctors but stopped when they see me.

"VERONICA WHAT HAPPENED!!!" Harry yelled worriedly.

I didn't respond.

"Sweetie please tell us what happened.." said Axel's mom gently.

I didn't respond.

"I knew I shouldn't have let him leave the house.." Avery's mom said quietly.

"Dear do you know who caused this?" Asked Amelie's mom pleadingly to Ivan.

As Ivan shook his head.

"I'm such a bad mother..." I heard Julian's mother say to herself.

They all stared at me waiting for an answer but I looked at the ground and was trying to form the words but nothing came out. Everyone started to crowd around me but Ivan interjected and kept everyone away from me as he dealt with them. I walked around trying to clear my head but the screams..the crying...everything started to hit me. My back hit the wall as I slowly fell to the ground covering my face with my hands as I began to cry.

Why do I always bring bad luck to people..everyone around me gets hurt, killed, or taken then I screamed frustratedly as the nurses looked at me concerned..soon I passed out.

Two days later..

I awoke in a hospital bed as Ivan and Alex were asleep in chairs. I looked around and got up then went to look to see if the others were okay. I got lost but eventually found them they were all in separate rooms hooked up to monitors as they're parents were asleep next to their beds..as I passed each room the guilt I was feeling was growing stronger and stronger until I hit Abbys room. She laid there hooked up to a lot of machines while looking lifeless. I gripped my shirt and felt hot tears forming on my face...I already lost all four of the others..am I really going to lose Abby too..I thought to myself as I walked past her room.

I walked past Abby's room to Axel's room as he was also hooked up to a lot of machines and he looked sickly. I tightly closed my eyes and walked back to my room..then I remembered the letter my dad gave me. I grabbed it and opened it.

"Hija I'm sorry but I'm leaving and no I'm not coming back..I'm not good enough to be in your life from what I seen those girls are better parents than I would ever be..so one last thing I can say to you is..don't make the same mistakes me and your mother made..I love you"
~dad

I crinkled the paper in anger and threw it in the trash...I felt empty..I couldn't feel anything anymore..it's like everything shut down...I sighed and thought about the moments I had with everyone trying to see if it would make me smile but they were replaced with darkness...that's when I decided..

I won't let anyone get hurt because of me ever again..

End