Chapter 68~Birthday pt 1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two months passed by and it was finally my birthday. March third but I didn't want to celebrate it since I never really celebrated it in the first place but when I woke up Abby came in screaming and holding a present.

"Happy birthday Veronica!!!" Abby screamed happIly.

Causing me to fall off my bed in a panic as she walks over to me.

"Sorry I should've knocked first but I was excited," she says apologetically.

"It's fine.." I said as I rubbed my back.

She handed me the present and I opened it. It was a bracelet that had these cute little charms on them and there was a photo frame of me and the others doing peace signs.

"I love it.." I said as I put on the bracelet.

"I made the charms myself," she says proudly.

"Really?!" I said shocked.

She nodded.

"Now get ready I don't want you to be late for school".

I nodded and she left. I decided to put the picture frame on the shelf next to the photo of my dad who I haven't seen or heard from since two months ago.
He's probably avoiding me since Ivan told me..coward.. I sighed and got ready. After I got my bag and went downstairs Abby was there placing food on the table and she turns to me.

"Oh by the way I signed you up for driving classes," she says excitedly.

My eyes widened.

"What?" I said confused.

"Mmhm you should start learning how to drive," she says as she sat down.

I never thought about driving then again my thoughts weren't really in the right place at the time. After we ate Abby drove me to school.

"Have a good day okay.." Abby said with a small smile.

I nodded and walked in for the past two months people at school have been avoiding me since Grant disappeared. People have said that I either killed him or I kidnap him something like that which didn't bother me that much. Agnes and Inez were by the lockers and I went up to them.

"BESTIE HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!" Agnes yelled as she hugged me tightly.

"Happy birthday V," Inez said as she pulled Agnes off.

"Thanks, guys," I said with a smile.

"Are you doing anything for your birthday?" Inez asked curiously.

"Uh I don't think so," I said with a shrug.

"Wanna hang out?" I asked them.

They looked at each other.

"Uh we're busy today..we uh have to bathe our turtle," said Inez nervously.

I gave them a weird look.

"Okay?" I said.

We saw Naya walking towards us and Inez grabbed Agnes' hand.

"Bye V," Inez said as they walked off.

"I see they're still avoiding me..." Naya said quietly.

I patted her back as she sighed.

"Oh yeah," she hugs me tightly.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY YOUR ONE YEAR CLOSER TO DEATH!!" She yelled with a laugh.

I laughed and she put me down and we started walking.

"Oh by the way we don't have homeroom today".

"Wait really?" I said confused.

"Yeah apparently so I guess we got to first hour then," Naya said with a shrug.

We waved goodbye and I went to English but before I could step through the door Mr. Clancy stopped me.

"Miss Flor we need to talk," he said in a serious tone.

I sighed and he steps out into the hall and shut the classroom door.

"Miss Flor you haven't been doing the assignments or showing up to class ..I thought maybe the email we have sent you two months ago would make you motivated but I haven't seen any progress so I'm deeply concerned" he crossed his arms.

"Is there something going on at home that I should know about?" He says concerned.

Oh boy, believe me, if you knew I thought to myself. I had to think of a lie but I don't know what to say.

"I got sick a lot.." I said wanting to hit myself in the face.

He arched his eyebrow and I could tell he didn't believe me.

"So you were sick for over periods of time?" He said confused.

I nodded hoping he would just drop it..He sighs.

"Alright then..I normally don't do this but there is extra credit so your grade can go from a D to a C minus" he said as he rubbed his neck.

"I'll do it what is it!?" I said curiously.

"I want a four-page essay of lord of the flies due tomorrow," he said in a firm tone.

My eyes widened.

"I- okay.." I said quietly.

He nods and we walked back into the classroom as people looked at us. I went to my seat after the bell rang and I walked out of class.

"Yo Verizon" I heard Julian say.

I sighed and turned around as he caught up.