Chapter 71~Happy birthday pt 4

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I sighed..great what else happened..I let go of Nightmare's hand and grabbed my stuff then left. On my way home I wondered what Abby wanted to tell me. As I reached for the door I prepared myself for whatever Abby had to say and I opened the door.

"SURPRISE!!!!".

Immediately I dropped my stuff and put my fist up but put them down when I saw Naya, Agnes, Inez, Amelie, Axel, Avery, and Julian. I looked around and saw balloons, a banner that said happy birthday, presents, and a lot of food. they all hugged me as I laughed.

"Wow I didn't expect this," I said still shocked.

"We could tell you had your fists up and everything," said Julian sarcastically.

I rolled my eyes as he laughs then Abby came downstairs with a cake in her hands and she placed it on the table. Abby was about to say something until a knock came from the door.

It was Ivan and Alex.

"Sorry we're late somebody was taking too long to change," Ivan said gesturing to Alex.

Alex pouts as the others laughed.

"Guys meet my Tio Ivan and his lover Alex," I said as they waved hello.

They smiled and the others went and gave them a handshake.

"Wait where are the others?" asked Naya.

Me and Abby looked at each other nervously as did Ivan and Alex.

"They are on a business trip for about two months" Ivan interjected.

"Oh yeah I forgot they're accountants right?" Inez asked.

I nodded.

"Are you their boss Mr. Flor?" asked Agnes.

"Yes I am its a family business," Ivan said casually.

"Damn your gonna be rich than Veronica," Julian said with a smirk.

Ivan chuckles as I giggled while Alex snuggles next to him. Abby put on some music as everyone started dancing but I decided to step out for a second I needed some air but then I heard the door opening and turned to see Ivan standing there.

"He's not coming is he.." I said quietly.

Ivan sighs and shook his head.

"He left just yesterday.." Ivan says quietly.

"Figures..running away again.." I said hurt.

Ivan hugged me as I hugged him tightly.

"He wanted me to give you this," he says as he handed me an envelope.

I grabbed it but didn't open it.

"I'll open it later.." I said as I folded it and shoved it into my pocket.

Ivan put his arm around me and we went back inside. Inez came over and grabbed me and told me to dance. After dancing Abby told me to sit in the middle of the table and she placed the cake in front of me.

"Happy 16th birthday Veronica," Abby says as she lit them.

"Make a wish!!" Axel said excitedly.

"Loser" Julian said to Axel.

"Shut it," Axel said back with a glare.

I sighed and wished...for everything to be okay..I blew out the candles and everyone said.

"Take a bite take a bite!!!"

I giggled and slowly put my face onto the cake until Abby and Inez pushed my face full force into the cake. Everyone laughed as I was laughing and choking at the same time. Axel gave me napkins and I cleaned my face. I cut the cake and handed it out to everyone.

"This is amazing!!" Amelie said shocked.

"Thank you I made it myself," Abby said proudly.

"..It's really good.." Avery said quietly.

Abby smiled at him and Julian ruffled Avery's hair as Avery did a small laugh. The party was amazing and fun and a distraction that I needed.

"Sooo what did you wish for bestie??" Agnes asked curiously.

"Agnes you aren't supposed to say what you wish for or it won't come true," said Naya.

Agnes pouts as I laughed.

"It's alright..I wished for.." I paused.

"For...more... for more time with friends and family," I said with a smile.

The others smiled as they hugged me. We talked for a little bit and ate more food and cake but soon it was getting dark and we decided it was time to end the party.

"This was fun bestie!" said Agnes happily.

"Hell yeah it was," said Julian.

"It was..we should hang out more.." Avery said as Julian put his arm around him.

"Ay we got our squad now let's go!!" said Naya with a grin.

We laughed and I walked towards the door but that's when the light shut off and a bunch of gunshots rang out and flew past us.

..So much for my wish..