Pity the living

'Don not pity the dead, pity the living, and, above all those who live without love...'

-Albus Dumbledore.

'Quite late, Mr Kirakorn!.' the owner of the Bookstore, sitting at the counter, Mr Thumpason, yelled at the boy who entered along with his boyfriend. 

'Where have you been? it's been weeks you hadn't come!' Mr Thumpason said in agony, glancing at Tin. 'You bought a friend too?' 

'Yes, he's my boyfriend, Mr Thumpason.' said Can blushing. 'How sweet, well then, choose your books, I will wait!' 

'Yes, Mr Thumpason!' exclaimed Can as he took his steps towards the bookshelves as Tin followed. 'You seem close with him?' asked Tin. 

'Ah yes, I come here often because of Lay, she makes me buy comics and all that stuff, but sometimes I purchase too.' Tin nodded as Can answered, there were many things he didn't know about Can nor did Can knew much deeply about him, but that still doesn't budge them. 

Can took out a dark book from the first bookshelf heading towards the third shelf. And took out a colourful book from the other one. 'Why don't you choose Tin? do you like to read?' asked Can as he took another book of the same colour.

'I do, but I'm not much fan of reading. You like reading?' asked Tin, interested. 'Oh yes, I love it, though I don't show it much, I really like it.' 

'Oh... ' sighed Tin, which gave him a factor of Can's likings and one more reason to love him, though they were infinities. 'You know what Can, I enjoyed that day back in the car.' Tin smirked as he back-hugged Can.

'Oh my god Tin! not here!' Can whisper-yelled at Tin and was blushing vigorously. 'Ha, I was just kidding, besides it was quite incomplete that day.' smirked Tin, taking away the books from Can.

'Oi! Give it back!.' pouted Can reaching up to Tin. 'Okay okay, shorty.' Tin smirked again lowering his arms as Can took the books from him. 

'I ain't short! You're only a few centimetres taller than me.' said Can, as he moved from the bookshelves. His phone ringed as he picked up the call. 'Hello?... Oh, that's quite bad, I'm sorry for the loss. He was very intelligent. This morning? That's very bad, his family must stay strong in this case, okay then... I'll come directly at the funeral.'

Can rested his phone back in his pockets. 'What happened Can?' asked Tin taking his steps towards him. 'I hope you know Professor Miranongkar.' 

'Yes, I know.' nodded Tin. 'He passed away today, I'm going directly to the funeral, you can go home.' said Can as he took his books towards the counter where Mr Thumpason were sat. He paid for the books and bid him. 

'I'll come too, he was a very good professor. I'll pay my last offerings...' Said Tin as he opened the door and sat in the front with Can beside him. 'Let's go then.' 

The funeral was filled with cries and sobs, with their beloved professor's family at his grave. Tin and Can stood far behind as they weren't many people. There were only staff, students of the university and his family. 

'Mr Miranongkar was a beloved father, a godfather, professor and a loving husband. It's a shame he's not with us today that he has to go very early. He was suffering from cancer even though he didn't had any bad habits. He would be missed and remembered by all of us. May his soul rest in peace.' 

Everyone came forward towards Mr Miranongkar's grave to fill it with beautiful white lilies and roses, Tin and Can rested a bunch of beautiful white lilies on the grave as some tears sprang their eyes.  

They went behind the crowd as people went away with a puddle of tears. 'I was very sad he had to go early.' said Tin standing while everyone went.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

'Don not pity the dead, Tin. Pity the living, and, above all those who live without love...'