"I have to admit, I'm really happy I met you guys." Y/n says. "I've had friends within my pack, but you guys are something else." Marshall looks at her. "What do you mean?" He asks. "Well, I've been around the same people for a thousand years, so it feels nice to meet someone new." She tells him. "What? So you're not allowed to have friends outside of your pack?" Y/n shakes her head. "No, my father sees anyone outside of the pack a threat."

"I guess I can understand that, especially with all the vampires that use to run wild. But it's not like that anymore, he needs to loosen up." Y/n nods. "Hey, I have an idea of how to lighten the mood." Marshall gets up and knocks on his door. "Ok you guys, we made up. You can stop holding us hostage now." After a few seconds Fiona and Cake opened up the door. "About time!" Fiona smiles. "Ya'll ready to go on another adventure?" She asks.

"Actually." Marshall begins. "Me and puppy are gonna hang back here and chill a little bit." Y/n's ears perked upwards. "Whaaaaaa? Lame!" Fiona pouts. "Yeah, sorry Fi, maybe next time." Marshall starts to close his door. "Wait, puppy?" Cake asks visibly confused, Marshall closes the door completely. He then turns back to Y/n. "You didn't tell them about your dumb nick name?" She chuckles. "Please, you love it." Marshall floats back to her.

"Come on." He floats up into his room, Y/n followed close behind. "I'm are we going to listen to more music?" She asks, smiling brightly. "How did you guess?" Marshall chuckles. "Why else would you bring me up here?" Once Y/n climbed up into his room, the familiar scent filled her nose, making her feel more relaxed. Anytime she smelled that scent, she connected to his sweet voice. His songs, the way he played his bass, it was all so nice.

"Well this time, I'm going to teach you something." Marshall says as he grabs his bass. "I know you don't have any experience, but trust me, I'm a great teacher." Y/n hesitantly reached for the bass he held out for her. And of course, she was holding it wrong. "Hehe, hang on." Marshall got behind her and gently took hold of her hands to put them where needed to be. Y/n felt a shiver run down her spine. 'His hands...they're so cold.' She thought.

"You good? I can hear your heart pounding." Marshall says lowly, causing her ears to twitch. "I'm fine." She says sternly. "What are you trying to show me?" Marshall stifled another joke and showed her how to play a few cords. "See you're getting it." He smiles. Y/n looks up at him, and could help but smile herself. The two continued to talk and mess around with music for hours.

Suddenly the distant sound of howling could be heard. Y/n already knew what it was. "Must be a full moon tonight." She says sadly. She and her pack would always howl when there was a full moon, even go on a midnight hunt. It was a tradition that went back many many years. Marshall tried to think of something to make her feel better. "Do you wanna go howling? We can hop up on my roof and try it." Y/n smiles but shakes her head. "Nah, they would hear me. And I'm not suppose to be near their territory, even if I'm this far away."

"Besides." She yawns. "I'm way too exhausted to be doing any kind of howling. I have been for a while." She says tiredly. "Thank you for having me Marshall, I'll see you later." Y/n starts to head for the latter, but was stopped my Marshall. "Uh, do you wanna stay here for the night? It's late and I don't want you risking running into those jerky wolves."

"Oh, I don't want to intrude." Y/n hold her arm awkwardly. "Nah, I'm cool with it. Come on, you're tired aren't you?" Y/n smiles and flops down on his bed. "Thank you Marshall." She yawns again. "Anytime puppy." Marshall smiles. She looks over at him. "Where are you going to sleep?" She asks. "Eh, I don't sleep. Well I do, but I don't really need to. I might just go flying around." He tells her.

"Um, well, can you stay here please?" She murmurs. "It's just, I hate being alone. In my pack, there were wolves everywhere so...yeah." Marshall gave her a sympathetic look before leaning back on his bed next to her. "Sure thing puppy." Y/n smiles and curls up close to him. Despite him being cold, Y/n hasn't felt so warm since she was casted out of her pack. And even Marshall felt warmth, for the first time in a while.