The wolves of Y/n's pack we're doing their normal activities. There were wolves sparing with each other, there were some in their grooming circles, and a few wolves had just been sent out to hunt. And of course, Colin was there, making sure everything was in its place, doing their job. It made Y/n boil with rage, how dare he act like an alpha? He's in no position to act as if he was higher than everyone else.

Her father would announce the new alpha in three days. Colin would surely challenge her if she was made alpha, she had to be ready. So Y/n heads over to the fighting wolves for sparing. "Hey! If it isn't the future alpha!" One of the wolves says. "You here for a little scrap?" He gets low, as if he were about to pounce. "Oh leave her be, I'm sure she's way too busy to mess around." Another wolf said. Y/n scrunches her nose up and gets ready to attack.

That caught the attention of the two wolves. They both smirked and got ready to attack as well. "You sure you wanna take us both on?" One asked. "Oh I'm sure alright, I've been needed to relive some anger." The two wolves rushed her, Y/n quickly dodged them and grabbed the back of one's neck with her teeth. She bit down slightly, while growling, telling them to back down.

Before they could, the other knocks her off. Y/n snarls and pins the wolf down, every time the wolf would try to wiggle out from under her, she would growl and snap at them. Until they eventually gave up, Y/n glares back at the other. The wolf's ear flatten and they sank to the ground submissively. Y/n smirks proudly and walks away from them. "Thanks for the sparing session guys."

"So you expect to beat your opponents by snapping and snarling at them?" Colin said from behind her. She turns and glares at him. "I don't remember asking for you input." Colin rolls his eyes before continuing. "When it comes to it, you won't be able to defeat anyone like that." He walks past her. "Especially not me." Y/n was about to attack him right then and there, but was stopped by another pack member.

"Don't let him get to you Y/n. He's just an uptight pretty boy." They said before scratching their ear. "Pretty boy my ass." Y/n growls, making the other wolf chuckle. "I wouldn't go attacking him though, save your strength for when you actually fight him for your alpha title." Y/n sighs and looks up at the high rock, where the alpha would keep watch over the other wolves. One day, she might be the one that finally stands a top there, and she'll have to defend it.

Defend this pack with her life, with everything she has, it all has to be put into the pack. That was her purpose, that was her responsibility. And it couldn't be a worse feeling, but when it came to protecting the ones you love, it doesn't matter. She'll have to put those feelings away and focus on her pack. For the good of everyone.