CHAPTER TWELVE

"Aang. Sokka. Appa. Momo." you greeted them. "Get on, quick!" Sokka commanded, whisper shouting. "No. I have my own plan. Take Katara." you picked her up, catching her off guard as you practically threw her down to Appa. "I'm getting everyone out. You can stay or leave."

"No! Get on, now!"

"No. I'm leaving. Going back to the village, where I'll get to raise my children if this goes as planned. Now hover above the water, or you'll be frozen there." Appa flew to be just a little over the water, and you froze as far as you could reach, making it as thick as you could.

"Where's my wife?!?" you heard someone roar. "Fuck. Zhao's here. Stay out of sight, and I'll get everyone off safely." you ran back to the crowd, pulling away the smallest earthbenders and helping them onto the ice.

By the time you were done, Zhao was still screaming. You ran, calling out your husband's name. "Zhao! Zhao!" you found him on top of the railing above you, yelling at the warden. You managed to make your way up there, launching yourself into his arms.

"Zhao!" you kissed him, locking your arms around his waist as you tried not to gag. "I missed you." you forced a smile onto your face. "I'm sorry I left! I'm sorry! I thought it would be better, but by the time I realized that it wasn't, It was too late! Oh, there's so much to tell you!" you kissed his cheek.

"Y/N," he growled out, and you were suddenly thankful that you got everybody out before you found him. He smiled at you, placing his hands on your stomach. "Twins." you returned his smile. "Names?" you placed your hands on his. "Zuko and Azula, after my brother and sister."

Zhao turned to the warden, who was respectfully looking away. "Let's have a discussion. Guards, make sure Y/N doesn't leave." the soldiers flanked your sides, making escape hard. "Hey," you waved at them, looking to see if you could see any earthbenders. You sagged in relief when you couldn't.

"I'm just gonna-" you kicked one in the head, knocking him out as you made a break for it. "She's escaping! Quick!" you dodged their attacks, but by the time you were at the railing and ready to take off, Zhao had grabbed you.

"Let me go! I don't wanna go home!" you struggled, but his hold on you remained firm. You made eye contact with Katara, who was looking back to see if you were okay. You mouthed the word 'go' at her, but she wouldn't move. 'Go' you mouthed again, but only when Zhao started pulling you back she started to run again.

"You're coming home with me, and you'll regret ever leaving in the first place." you gulped, nodding. I'm sorry, my children. I've failed. You held his hand as he walked you onto his ship and locked you in his quarters.

"I'll know if you try to escape. There are guards outside of our room." Just as he was about to leave, you called out. "Wait!" he turned. "Is there anyone you plan on meeting? I can be of  help, I swear! Please, let me!" you begged. "Fine. If there are any plans of escape I see in the works, you're coming back here and you won't be let out until we're back home. Of course, if you make me look bad," his eyes glinted dangerously in the dim lighting. "your punishment will be much worse."

"Thank you!" you latched onto his arm. "First, change into clothes fitting for a Fire Nation princess." you nodded, rummaging through his drawers and finding one of your gowns. You weren't fazed as he watched you dress, you just guessed he was looking at your stomach.

"Let's go. Thank you, Zhao." you kissed his cheek as he led you outside, and you weren't prepared for who you saw.

"Oh. Prince Zuko, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance again." you bowed, still clinging onto Zhao's arm. "Y/N. Still as personalityless as ever. You finally decided to get over your tantrum and come back?" you straightened yourself out.

"Yes, Prince Zuko. I apologize if I caused you any trouble." you looked away, seeing how beautiful the ocean was reflecting the moon. "How do you put up with her? She's like a doll." you ignored how much that hurt as Zuko and Zhao talked about things that didn't interest you.

A guard stood beside you, and you turned to him. "The moon's really pretty," you breathed out. He didn't say anything, and you were forced to turn back to your brother and your husband, who were arguing about the Avatar. "Y/N, what do you think?" Zhao turned to you. "Apologies, Zhao, but I don't know enough about the Avatar and his purpose to know how to harness his powers." you gave a little bow.

"No. Y/N, tell us what you think. You're the smartest child, give us your opinion." Zuko pressed, and you gave in. "Your best bet is to capture him peacefully. Work as a mole of some sorts. Get him to trust you, and then switch sides at the last minute and take him with you."

"You were with the Avatar. Where are his current whereabouts?" Zuko glared as if to tell you that you couldn't lie. "I apologize, Prince Zuko. I haven't been traveling with the Avatar. I've been in a village this entire time, waiting for the birth of my children. Did you see someone who looked like me?"

Zuko took a step towards you, a fire ignited in his hands. "Tell the truth!" he growled, but you stood your ground, no longer afraid of your older brother. "Prince Zuko, I'm afraid that is the truth."

Someone who looked familiar stepped up, holding his arm out in front of the prince. "I'm sorry for his actions, Princess Y/N. We've all been stressed with this Avatar business. Prince Zuko, apologize." it clicked. "Oh. General Iroh, it's a pleasure to see you again." you bowed.

"No need for that, Princess Y/N. It's nice to see you again after all these years. Might I ask, what do you plan to name your child?" He was as good-natured as ever. "I have twins, and I plan to name them Zuko and Azula."

Zuko's eye twitched. "That's very nice of you, Princess Y/N. Prince Zuko, wouldn't you agree?"

"Why me? We're not even close."

"We might not be, but I still love you. I was planning to spend the rest of my days in a village, and I wanted someone to remember you by. My children have royal blood coursing through their veins, they'll look like us." you explained. "I don't love you. Naming your kid after me won't do anything." he deadpanned.

"I understand, Prince Zuko. Forgive me. I'll find another name for my son." you willed your tears back. "I believe our conversation here is done. Do not disrespect my wife again." Zhao dismissed Zuko and Iroh, and you watched as they left. Iroh was scolding Zuko.

"I'm sorry for causing trouble, Zhao." he ignored you, leaving the deck to go back to his quarters. Your quarters, now that you were on the ship. "I'm sorry, Zuko. I don't know what it'll take for you to love me, but one day I hope you will." you leaned over the railing, seeing the choppy sea beneath you.

"Don't try to escape. We are under strict orders from Commander Zhao to make sure you don't try anything." a soldier warned. "I know. Right now, it's best for me to stay here until I'm back home."

You shifted your arms around, breathing deeply as you created a horse from fire. "Woah." one of the guards said. "Let's go, Y/N." Zhao gripped your waist, leading you back to your room. "You're allowed to come out for meals and meals only." he shut the door, leaving you alone.

"Hey, wait-" but he was already gone. "Fuck. Guess I'll just rot here. I'll rot here, and then I'll rot back home. And when you're finally born, I'll get you two out. I'll get you two as far as I can, and I'll get someone to take you in. You'll live a happy life. I don't have to be a part of it, especially since I'll only drag you two down."

idk if y'all can tell but i am rewriting avatar- same plot, different characters doing different things. this is a fanfiction after all. just be warned