CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE

Pakku handed Aang a box of waterbending scrolls, and then you were up. "Y/N. You took down your own country's ships in order to help us. This box contains clothes for your children. It is the only way we believed we could thank you." you teared up. "T-thank you." you stammered, climbing onto Appa.

"Welcome! Avatar Aang, I am General Fong." the man bowed. "And welcome to all of you, great heroes! Appa, Momo, Brave Sokka, Mighty Katara!" he neglected your name, and you ignored it. "You forgot Y/N." Sokka pointed out. You chuckled. "No, he didn't. He's well aware that I'm here."

"Avatar Aang, we were all amazed at the stories of how you single-handedly wiped out an entire Fire Navy fleet at the North Pole. I can't imagine what it feels like to wield such devastating power. It's an awesome responsibility." you scowled.

Aang chuckled awkwardly, rubbing the back of his neck. "Actually, it was-" you snorted at how naive Aang was. "Aang, just take the fucking credit. He knows what he's doing."

"No, but it was Y/N who fused with the spirit. I can't take credit for that." you shook your head. "Aang, shut up. You're gonna make him mad." General Fong ignored you, still looking at Aang.

"Avatar, you're ready to face-" Zuko and Azula started to cry from beneath your scarf. You stood up, glad that you had an excuse to leave. "Sorry." you left the hall, leaning against a wall to feed your children.

You walked in just as General Fong was leading your friends to a window. "That's the infirmary. Those soldiers are the lucky ones. They came back. Every day the Fire Nation takes lives. People are dying, Aang. You could end it! Now!" you placed your hand on General Fong's shoulder.

"What's wrong with you? He's twelve, and you're placing the weight of lives on his shoulders? That's wrong, general. I might be a Fire Nation princess, but I know when to stop." you pulled Aang in for a hug, shielding him from General Fong's invasive gaze. "Think about it." the general walked away, and you flipped off his back.

"Aang, where were you?"

"I told the general I'd help him by going into the Avatar State." you gasped. "No. Aang, you can't. You're unstable, and the Avatar State reflects on your emotions. My father, however, is the most powerful firebender there is. He'll crush you."

"Why not? He's incredible in battle!" Sokka defended Aang's decision. "There's a right way to do this. Practice, study, and discipline." Katara chimed in. "No. Aang, you're not fighting the Fire Lord." you glared, but Katara had started to throw a tantrum. She stormed out of the room, and you finally realized how immature Katara was.

"It may induce the Avatar State." the man said, and you started to laugh. "What's so funny?" Sokka raised his eyebrow. "Because that's ridiculous! From what I've heard and seen, his state is based on his emotions! You can't just give him tea." but everyone ignored you, watching as Aang drank the tea. He started to fly around, eventually crashing into a pole.

The next try was a fail. Aang was scared, but it didn't shock him into the Avatar State. Why won't anyone listen to me? I'm right! You shouted in your head. "We have to find a way." General Fong declared. "Are you serious? It's his emotions!" yet they still ignored you.

"I'm sure." you snorted. It won't be that easy, Aang. "Men! Attack the Avatar!" soldiers held you back as you tried to break free. "Aang!" you yelled. You and Sokka managed to get out of their grip, running to the broken window. "Aang! Be careful!" you stressed, starting to cry out of fear for your friend. 

"What's going on?!?"

"The general's gone crazy! Trying to force Aang into the Avatar State!" you watched from the window still, you couldn't risk getting Zuko and Azula hurt in all the commotion. You screamed, watching Katara be cornered by the soldiers. You set Zuko and Azula down, covering them with your scarf. "Soldiers, watch my children. I won't hesitate to kill you if they're harmed." the soldiers, still hunched over, let out panicked cries of agreement.

"Aah! Please!" Katara screamed. "Aang, no!" but it was too late. Katara had sunken into the ground and Aang had reached the Avatar State. "Oh, no." you whispered as Aang started to attack General Fong. "My kids!" you yelled, running up the stairs. "Oh, thank god." you wrapped the scarf back around you, thanking god that your kids were safe.

General Fong was knocked back, and you moved away from the window to shield Zuko and Azula. You watched as Aang stopped, and you ran back down to comfort your friend. "I'm sorry, Katara." you frowned as he didn't acknowledge your presence. "I hope you never have to see me like that again."

"No. You're placing more stress on Aang than he needs. Quit it, or we'll be the ones fighting." General Fong ignored your words, continuing to speak. Sokka knocked him out, and some of the soldiers asked if you wanted an escort. "We'll be great. Thank you for offering, though." you bowed to the soldiers, getting on your knees.

okay from here on out my sokka crush is PROMINENT rip my fangirl ass