The One that got away

Michelle dipped her teabag in and out of her steaming cup of water almost subconsciously as her mind wondered , her eyes focused on nothing in particular as the day went by .

Another day that she hadn't left the house, applied any makeup , opened any of her social media , showed , answered her phone , ate , taken her medicine , or given a fuck ( Forgive me Lord )

She was in a funk and she didn't even know If she wanted to get out . Out of all the relationship advice she'd received in life , keeping things private and moving in silence was probably number one on the list and the one she ignored as soon as Chad came into her life .

She was nearing 40 at the time and knew that the children shipped had sailed

She was nearing 40 at the time and knew that the children shipped had sailed . What they don't tell you about mental hospitals is how much you're forced to think about your life , positive or negative and in her mind she needed a man . Logically she knew it wouldn't cure her clinical depression as severe as it was , but something about having someone to love and talk to when she got down seemed promising .

Finding a Christian man who was kind , loved the Lord more than love itself, had money , and their life already together sounded as rare as it seemed .

Where would she find a man to meet her picky requirements in such a short time ?

After praying to God until she felt silly she found herself at a spiritual retreat to refresh her soul and well being and there he was , bald as ever but still worth a try .

It was as if he felt the same way because the entire day they found ways to run Into each other.

Small talk was fun back then but now that she was on her last chance at love she wanted to know exactly what she was getting into in the rawest form . Did he want kids ? Did he date older women ? Could he look past her career with Destiny's child and the nature of their music ? Did he want someone who was broken ? She was publicly outted for her troubles with mental health . Would he just see her as a project and leave her once he "fixed " her ? Would he be okay with her not being a virgin ? It had been years since she last had sex but she felt the need to tell him about her life in full if he would listen .

Michelle was broken from her thoughts when she heard a knock on her door .

Jesus be a fence

If this was her team wanting to know if she was going to continue with filming she was going to show them where they could stick their cameras .