✂Chapter Thirteen

Airam's POV

After the practice match, I headed to my room and took a nap. Zzzz...

Seijuro's POV

After the practice match, I saw Airam headed to our room. I decided to follow her. I went inside and saw her sleeping peacefully. She looks like an angel. I stared at her.

I gently stroke her hair and smiled at her cuteness. She slowly opened  her eyes. “Sei-niichan?” she yawned.

I gave her a small smile and she smiled back. “Continue your sleep. I love you.” I kissed her forehead and she nodded, closing her eyes again.

Airam's POV

I love you, too, Sei-niichan. I smiled and closed my eyes. I remember...

=Flashback=

“I love you, my little angel.” a red haired mother said softly to her little daughter. “I love you, too, Mommy.” the little girl giggles, as her mother kissed her on her forehead.
“Mother, father is calling you. He seems...mad.” a red haired boy entered the room, informing her mother.
“Stay here, Seijuro. And promise me that you'll protect and love your sister no matter what.” the  mother said, giving a worried expression.
“Mommy, where are you going?” the little girl asked, curiously.
“I'll be back, my little girl.” the mother replied, smiling sadly. She was about to leave when her son hugged him, stopping her.
“Mother...I love you.” her son whispered. The mother cupped her son's cheeks gently.
“Prove to me that you love me... By loving your sister. Promise me, Seijuro.” she said. “I promise, mother.” the son answered.

She left, leaving her two kids in the room. The red haired boy hugged her littke sister, preventing himself to cry.  After several minutes, the mother did not return. The kids became curious. The little girl went downstairs to check on her beloved mother. The boy stayed in the room, waiting quietly. Then, the little girl returned, tears falling from her eyes. She quickly embraced his elder brother. “Sei-niichan...Mother is not here anymore...” she sobs. The boy's eyes widen, letting his tears fall.

He hugged back to his crying sister
“Don't worry, I'll protect you.” he said, comforting her sister.

=End of flashback=

“Mommy...” I muttered while sleeping. “I miss mommy...” I cried.

Seijuro's POV

“I miss mommy.” I heard her sleep- talked. Tears rolled  on her pale cheeks. I wiped it away and kissed her on her cheek.
“I'll keep my promise.” I mumbled before leaving. If only mother was here... I thought, telling my tears not to fall. I closed the door and went to find my other teammates...
“I'll never break that promise...” I whispered to myself while walking.