preference 19 » he's jealous / protective

STEFAN: He occasionally sees other men as threats, since, according to his words, you're the most beautiful girl in the entire world and he's afraid of losing you. Whenever someone even talks to you, he wraps his arm around your waist, pulls you closer and peppers your neck and face with kissed so everyone knows you're his girlfriend.

DAMON: He's always making sure everyone knows who you belong to. He isn't afraid of PDA, and he enjoys seeing other men grimace at you two and the affection he gives you. He gets jealous easily, and even though he claims he isn't, you know exactly how he gets mad at random guys talking to you.

JEREMY: He gets really protective of you, but it's not always jealousy. He's just painfully aware of the threatening world out there, and if he gets a bad feeling from someone, he won't hesitate to pull you away or stand by your side. He's just worried about you getting hurt.

ELIJAH: He's always protecting you from the dangers he has to face daily. He tries to keep you out of his supernatural life, which you don't (yet) have. He's afraid of you getting hurt, and whenever you somehow get mixed up in his drama, he'll hurt and kill anyone to get you back.

KLAUS: In all honesty, he's insecure. He'll never say it out loud, but he knows you could do so much better, be so much safer with someone else, anywhere else. So when someone gets too cozy with you, he'll get defensive and tries to drive them away. Luckily, you have no intentions to turn your back on him.

KOL: He gets very jealous very easily. A guy — or a girl — needs to only glance at you, when he'll already be all over you, kissing and touching and making everyone see who you're dating. If someone gets too close to you, he'll go all tough and protect you and fight if necessary. You're his, and he needs everyone to know that.