preference 35 » he hates when you...

STEFAN: ... cry. It upsets him so much, and makes him cry too. Whenever you do so, he tries to stop it and make you smile no matter what. Usually he succeeds, because often you have hard time not smiling when you only look at him. 

DAMON: ... give him the silent treatment. When you get upset with him, you don't yell or break things, you deal with it with silence. And he hates it, especially when you're too damn good at keeping it going on.

JEREMY: ... don't tell him what's wrong. He wants to protect you and be there for you, and he hates the useless feeling he has when he doesn't know what's wrong and can't help you.

ELIJAH: ... compare yourself to others. You often think everyone is prettier and better than you, and he does his everything to make you feel good about yourself because you deserve to feel confident and pretty, since that is what you are.

KLAUS: ... tease him. You drive him crazy, but sometimes you just annoy him for fun. His reactions are funny in your opinion, but he claims he can't stand the teasing though he fights back a smile every time.

KOL: ... don't tell him your secrets. He wants to know all and everything about you, but sometimes there are just things you feel are uncomfortable to talk about, like woman stuff but he doesn't get it. He always has to know.