preference 44 » he takes your hand for the first time

STEFAN: You were watching a movie, and as the final scene came onto the screen you sniffled at the cute reunion kiss. You felt Stefan slowly take your hand, and you smiled but tried to hide it as your fingers intertwined for the very first time.

DAMON: You were walking with Damon in the woods, just taking a day off from the supernatural issues and spending time together. You loved it, especially when Damon grabbed your hand for the first time ever while you walked further, making you smile at the silent, but meaningful gesture that undoubtedly took your relationship to a new level.

JEREMY: You were watching Bonnie do a challenging spell, and it made you both nervous, driving him into grabbing your hand. He did it like it was nothing, but to you it felt special, for he had never done it before. You smiled, and grabbed his hand tighter, making his heart flutter too.

ELIJAH: Elijah was taking you out on a date, and at your front door, he took your hand delicately in his and kissed it. You blushed and let him interlock your fingers as he walked you to his car and helped you inside. Feeling his hand against yours was beyond words.

KLAUS: You were scared — of what, you can't even remember anymore, but the rapid beating of your heart and the sweat forming on your forehead was enough to confirm that you were nervous. Hellbent on calming you down, Klaus carefully cradled your hand in his, silently promising that everything was going to be okay. Nowadays, he'll do that every time you're worried about something.

KOL: Smirking, Kol looked over to you and reassuringly sealed your hand with his and held you close to him. You weren't quite sure how he had coaxed you into a midnight swim, but when you both jumped and dived into the cold water, it didn't feel so horrible when Kol's hand was holding yours tightly. And he didn't let go until he made sure you were okay.

// over 4,000 reads what is this oh god thank you so much babes