(27) Everything In Between

Vicious by Halestorm. I don't own the song or the video, but I think it goes along with this chapter and also any chapter that features Dean Borderra in it because after all he put her through? I mean, this song kind of says it all for Zara. Anyway, this chapter is super short, but important! Kind of funny too! :) Vote and comment! I really appreciate the support! Hope you enjoy! Happy reading, Ya'll!! :) <3 <3 P.S. Does anyone else kind of see how this <3 looks like a sideways double ice cream scoop cone thingy too? :)

I tip-toe into my dorm room in the middle of the night. Or should I say early morning?

I slowly close the door, trying to make as little noise as I can so I don't wake up Jo and apparently June and Shane. Who crashed in my bed. Guess I'll be sleeping on the floor for the few hours I have left before I'm going to practice dancing.

As I turn around slowly, I am suddenly faced with an angry looking Jo who puts her hands on her hips with the sternest look that my mom used to give me whenever I did something wrong. "Where have you been Missy?" She whisper-yells as not to wake up the others I'm assuming. It certainly isn't for my benefit with the way she's eyeing me like I'm something she'd like to crawl into just to figure out what would hurt me most and use it against me.

I'm not kidding.

I roll my eyes as I try to bypass her, but she steps in my way. I take another step in the other direction, but she just blocks me all the same. I huff, feeling my shoulders slacken beneath me with the weight of my defeat.

"What do you want me to say?" I ask as calmly as I can manage. A lot happened to me today - or yesterday. I don't have time for Jo's shit right now. I just want to get as much sleep as I can manage, stock up stamina in coffee with tons of espresso shots and dance my heart away.

Is that really too much to ask for after what I've just been through?

"What happened?" She demands instead of asks. "You didn't come home last night and I noticed that you left with this creepy old guy." She deadpans like it is the most natural thing in the world for her to observe this.

As if she has any say in my life.

As if she can practically admit to spying on me and I'll just overlook it.

Outrage fills my veins and I feel my hands start to tighten into fists at my sides. I feel like punching somebody. Really bad.

Which is why I can't be here. I have to leave before Jo's face becomes a bloody mess and I screw up something good before it ever really had the chance to bloom.

"Jo." I say through gritted teeth. I try to communicate with my eyes to not push me. "Can we do this some other time? I need to sleep." I glare at Jo.

She glares right back at me and I see her hand in the air and duck out of the way before her hand can connect with my cheek and then, I just can't really seem to control myself. I clench my fist and punch Jo.

In the face.

And watch as she falls to the ground with the most sadistic smile on my face that would be sure to make Dean proud if he were here observing me in action.

I can't help it. It felt great to get out all of my previous angst and bottled up emotion out on Jo. I mean, I know she didn't deserve it, but she was pushing my buttons when I warned her to stop. I warned her not to and she did it anyway. So, technically that punch wasn't my fault. I was just delivering a result of the action she took. Jo tried to slap me and so, I punched her. Not exactly fair, but I never said I was a fair person.

June and Shane stir awake at the sudden commotion I made by my fist connecting with Jo's face. Shane comes into conscience-ness before June does.

She sees my right hand or more exactly my knuckles and the open wounds they have on them and then she sees Jo lying down on the ground, unconscious.

Her eyes grow wide and she nudges June awake. "June! June!" She repeats, anxiously.

I panic and run out of the room before they can kick me out because they will. I know it. It's how these things always go. When people have to pick sides, they always go for the ones that they've known the longest and in this case, that would be Jo.

And now I'm in deep shit.

Well, this puts a damper on my day. Just a smidge. What am I going to do?